Interior Design Manager
New York, NY, USLocation:
Mon, Aug 25 '14Posted on:
The Interior Design Manager is a key position that supports the OTG Creative team, Director of Aura and Director of Design. These tasks are focused but not limited to supporting our Interior and Architectural Design Consultants and projects. The key to this role is the ability to help manage multiple design projects and tasks, and to ensure the execution and co-ordination through to completion.
- Support OTG Design tasks including but not limited to;
- Under the direction of the Director of Design, assist in coordinating concept design and design development with OTG Design Consultants and Architects.
- Create design concepts as needed to support the active projects, planning, furniture design, interior, graphic etc.
- Develop and maintain a working schedule of all design projects.
- Coordinate with the OTG construction team.
- Help in the development of creative briefs.
- Review and coordinate design drawings and specifications.
- Participate in design meetings.
- Record meeting minutes from design sessions.
- Work with the Director of Aura on select creative projects.
- Participate in branding projects.
- Search and discover new inspiration, creative projects and best practices throughout the industry and around the world.
- Stand-up for the quality of the creative output.
- Produce presentation and working materials.
- Select and manage design specifications
- Develop/mark up conceptual floor plans.
- Develop and maintain design standards.
- Assist with new business engagements where creative input is needed.
- Be able to take direction, go beyond what is asked and constantly challenge yourself.
- Be a well-organized self-starter.
- Multifaceted designer, thinker and organizer.
- Thrives in a fast paced dynamic, creative environment.
Required Experience / Skills
- Project Management Institute certification: PMP, BSM or MBA certification.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality and retail design, construction and specifications.
- Have a sophisticated appreciation and understanding of branding, conceptual design, operations, and customer experience as it applies to hospitality and retail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Project Management and/or Business Systems Management experience.
- Knowledge of industry specifications standards and suppliers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must have hands on design skills, planning, design development, rendering etc.
- Understanding of the technical requirement’s of interior design.
- Current and review-ready portfolio
- Experience working with and coordinating Design and Architectural Consultants.
- Must demonstrate a talent for and a commitment to design excellence.
- Experience in being part of a collaborative design environment and a desire to work as part of a team .
- Must be committed to constantly improving one’s skills and staying current of developments and trends in the industry, as well as sharing this knowledge with others
- Degree in Interiors, Architecture or related field.
- Professional-level design software proficiency (AutoCAD,3D Studio Max)
- Professional-level design software proficiency (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
- Professional-level software proficiency with Project Management Software (MS Project, Excel, Ominplan etc)
Please email your resume as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment to OTG's Director of Design: firstname.lastname@example.org