The Architectural Job Captain will work closely with internal and extended project team and be involved in all aspects of the project from design documentation through construction administration.
- Assist Project Managers in developing project documents for new and corrective work, to bidding and construction
- Responsible for the development and coordination of the drawings and speciﬁcations including: program compliance; code and agency compliance; schedule commitments; product research
- Support the development of as built plans based on site measurements and historical documents
- Construction administration: Work with team members to document construction administration process
- Support multiple projects concurrently
- Capacity to effectively communicate ideas to clients (internal and external); manage email, telephone and face to face communications with clients, team members, co-workers, etc
- Ability to work within budgets and schedules
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture
- ARE in progress is a plus
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Architecture
- Great communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to develop preliminary design/concepts into a set of construction documents
- Able to work well with and oversee work of a project team
- Comfortable coordinating with external consultants
- Able to tackle assignments with minimal supervision
- Thorough, organized and able to stick to a timeline
- Good level of knowledge of building systems, waterproofing systems, building envelope
- Proficiency with Revit is a must; AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, MS Office
- A working knowledge of codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances is a plus
W|A offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, 401(k) with employer matching, Cafeteria Plan, and paid garage parking.
Please e-mail your resume, references, and salary history to Melissa Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org.