Senior Digital Design Architectural Professional
- Plans, schedules, organizes, and executes digital design efforts for projects under periodic oversight of an F-level, Associate or Associate Director, Director or Partner;
- Responsible for various portions of project design including conceptual, schematic, and design phases;
- Identifies project BIM requirements and develops effective planning strategies for its implementation; provides both narrowly focused and widely diverse support and leadership in production of project BIM;
- Responsible for coordination of design team including A, B, C, and D level staff members;
- Organizes own work efforts and that of his/her assigned team where applicable;
- Coordinates work of consultants with architectural documents and/or project BIM;
- Assists in supervising project document control tasks and responsible for quality control efforts for modeling and documentation tools during all phases of project work.
- Checks and coordinates details and dimensions; performs material research in preparation of project specifications.
- Coordinates with other Senior Architectural Professionals on project to assure continuity and consistency of documentation.
- Proactively checks, coordinates and integrates work with other project team members who are working on adjacent or otherwise relevant project areas that may not be in the assigned task area;
- Identifies and evaluates new and innovative digital tools and processes to enhance design flexibility, documentation efficiency and presentation clarity;
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions;
- Performs and/or directs research in digital tools and processes and participates in the coordination and preparation of project specifications, BIM execution plans, LOD matrices in close collaboration with the Senior Design and Technical Design leaders;
- Coordinates with other Senior Digital Design Professionals, Associates, Associate Directors and the Technical Director on assigned project to implement SOM standard procedures and protocols to assure continuity and consistency of project documentation process across the firm in support of overall firm wide goals;
- Supports project document control tasks and maintains quality control of such tasks, especially with regard to archiving digital models, recording processes, scripts etc. in accordance with SOM’s quality control and records management program;
- Assists in the development of local office standards, policies, and procedures;
- Is actively developing an external presence at industry events such as ACADIA, AU, RTC, EcoBuild, SmartGeometry and others.
- Is actively pursuing or has achieved professional accreditation and licensure;
- Is actively pursuing or has achieved LEED professional accreditation.
- Completion of 5 or 6-year architectural degree program;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in design development, architectural design, documentation, and detailing;
- Minimum of 3 years focused professional experience in developing and applying digital tools and processes to project work. Large-scale, commercial project experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials, construction techniques, building systems selection, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes;
- General knowledge of programming and functional adjacencies;
- General knowledge of architectural practice including site-planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering, and construction;
- General knowledge of local office standards, policies, and procedures;
- Demonstrated expertise in digital tools such as Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Solibri, scripting and programming;
- Demonstrated expertise in word processing, presentation programs such as PowerPoint and spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and work samples at www.som.com/careers under the SF - Senior Digital Design Architectural Professional requisition