Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Thu, Jul 3 '14Posted on:
JOB CAPTAIN – Y&M Architects
Y&M has developed a widespread practice in market-rate, government-subsidized, and affordable family and senior housing projects completing over 11,000 units. Y&M Architects is focused on designing efficient, human-friendly, and sustainable multi-unit housing. We have an immediate opening for a Job Captain in our downtown Los Angeles office.
- Prepare construction documents and coordinate with consultants
- Perform construction administration duties including RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.
- Conduct and document field observations to monitor construction progress
- Coordinate documents, overseeing quality control and detailing of projects
- Review shop drawings and material samples for conformance with design
- Minimum 5 years of experience in affordable, mixed-use, and high-density residential architecture
- Strong understanding of CBC, disabled access requirements, and consultant drawings
- Proficient in all drafting techniques and understanding of working drawings
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards
- Knowledge of code and building systems
- Proficiency using AutoCAD (recent release)
- Working knowledge of graphics software, specifically SketchUp and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Revit a plus
- Skilled at multitasking and working in a team environment
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Captain”. (10MB Limit)
Y&M Architects is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Please do not call regarding this posting.