Darryl Carter, Inc., a boutique interiors firm in Washington, DC, renowned for curating traditional and modern interiors with exacting detail, is seeking a Project Manager with three to five years of related experience in interior design or architecture. The candidate will coordinate all aspects of projects in residential, hospitality and commercial disciplines, including client relations; working with firm’s principal to develop aesthetic design concepts, scope of work and project budgets; coordinate with design team and related trades to oversee design development, construction administration, procurement, product development, and management of all associated paperwork and schedules.
- Residential experience REQUIRED; commercial experience a plus.
- Expertise in AutoCad and hand drafting, including floor plans, furniture plans, millwork detail drawings, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, custom furniture designs, and perspective drawings.
- High level of proficiency in graphic design; including use of SketchUp, Photoshop and 3D rendering software.
- Thorough knowledge of construction materials and textiles and furniture, including fabrication and upholstery.
- Works well in a collaborative setting. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; however, must also be able to work independently and proactively on projects without supervision using tact and discretion.
- Ability to establish objectives and anticipate logical timelines for multiple projects while working well under pressure; able to multi-task, prioritize, and consistently meet deadlines. Able to follow through on multiple projects with both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Ability to lead project team, providing direction and guidance through the entire design process.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices is essential.
- Able to travel for site reviews, field surveys, and meeting attendance, and is available to work additional hours as required to meet deadlines.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Three to five years of experience in interior design or architecture.
- 2 or 4 year degree in interior design, architecture or related field
- AutoCAD and manual drafting skills required
- Design Manager software a plus
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint at a minimum)
- Interior Design: NCIDQ (National Council of Interior Design Qualifications) Certification and/or LEED Certification a plus.
Interested qualified candidates may send their resume and work portfolio in PDF format not to exceed 3MB to Katie Peters email email@example.com .Mailed resumes and calls will not be considered.