Job Captain II / Project Design Lead II
Founded in 2000, SAA is an interior design and architectural firm dedicated to delivering forward-thinking integrated design solutions. With the collective vision of the Founders, Nelson Algaze and Rick Shlemmer, SAA has become known for their business-driven design solutions. With a staff of Designers, Architects and Planners in Southern California and New Jersey.
As a member of this team, you'll be responsible for leading the client through the programming and schematic design process through construction administration. You should be ready to manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination including full documentation coordination. Previous experience working on office interiors is helpful but not required. You will be the ‘right hand’ of your Project Manager and will be leading the team efforts in the office when the PM is out. You will be interacting with clients, vendors, contractors and engineers.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone who is competent, willing and able to make decisions, take the bull by the horns and work hard. Other things we like to see:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in corporate interiors
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Hand Sketching
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the industry/profession
- Experience with AutoCAD (required)
- Bachelor’s degree or professional degree with applicable experience
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Multi-tasking ability and good judgment
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against deadlines and profitability
- Self-starter, motivated, takes initiative and is proactive in management of the process and has strong work ethic
- Client service skills, including presentations with internal and external clients
- Understanding of complex interior architectural detailing
- Understanding and competence with 2010 with California Building Codes, Title 24 Code Compliance
- Knowledge and experience in Construction Observation/Administration
- Experience with submittal and processing of documents to City Agencies
- Coordinate as required with project manager throughout the duration of the project
- Understanding and competence in project fee management and profitability as relates to all aspects of the project
- LEED AP preferred
- Great medical coverage. We offer great medical, dental and vision coverage, some plans at no cost to the employee.
- A growing firm. Everything you do makes a difference and no two days are alike.
- Rest and relaxation. Paid time off and paid holidays, in-office chair massages every month, ‘wine’ down Fridays and summer hours (1/2 day Fridays). We take pride in creating a great work/life balance!
- Fair compensation. Competitive salary and bi-annual bonus evaluation. Plus, additional benefits such as 401k with company match, FSA accounts, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance and more.
We’re always looking for great people to join our team and help make the workplace awesome. If you’re passionate about interior architecture, doing your best work, and have fun doing it, apply today by visiting our careers page at www.saaia.com/careers.