San Francisco, CA, USLocation:
Tue, Aug 12 '14Posted on:
Project Architect is a project leadership position with responsibility for architectural design and technical production of projects.
- Lead all aspects of the Construction Administration phase including site meetings, submittals and preparation of field sketches.
- Ensure the design remains clear throughout the design and construction process.
- Day-to-day management and oversight of production drawings for all phases of a project from test fitting through Contract Documents and Construction Administration.
- Code review and implementation
- Generate details, both exterior and interior within a Revit context [AL3]
- Coordinate material identification and specifications with firm’s in-house Specification Writers.
- Lead in coordination with consultants and design team
- Ability to prioritize assignments and delegate to a team of up to 5 people
- Understanding of project delivery, time management, and ability to deal with unanticipated events
- Quality control of the contract documents
- Drive project to timely completion.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture is required
- 10 to 15 years’ with varied construction types including new and renovation projects, wood frame, concrete and steel frame construction types.
- Strong organization, communication, technical and graphic skills
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision Software a plus
- Proficiency in Revit. Applicant may be required to contribute to drawing production in Revit.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- License preferred
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SAN FRANCISCO – Project Architect” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V