Architectural Designer (Dallas, TX)
Dallas, TX, USLocation:
Mon, Jun 23 '14Posted on:
Summary: This is an experienced architect with responsibility for design development for Commercial projects including interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating design assignments. This individual will develop design concepts for one or more projects, in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Formulates project approach with design Principal, Project Manager or Project Architect and establish design parameters.
- Creates and develop design concepts using a variety of graphic techniques and media.
- Participates in design strategy sessions and presentations; manages day to day design concept/process consistent with the project's program, budget and time constraints.
- Responds to input and changes to project parameters by developing alternative designs; maintains concept continuity.
- Ensures that office design policies, procedures and standards are followed.
- Acts as liaison between senior designers and other support designers; may lead/review the work of other designers.
- May participate in client meetings and presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or related field
- Architectural license desired, (but not required).
- Five plus years experience as an architect, including design development responsibility on domestic and international projects
- Hand sketching ability is preferred; CADD literacy required
- 3D Max, Sketch-up, V-Ray, Adobe In-Design, Photoshop skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts to clients and associates using various software applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org