Sr. Interior Designer (Hospitality)
Develops interior project design requirements and solutions for assigned projects. Provides daily leadership for the interior design team during the design phases of a project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and develops original interior designs and adaptations requiring specialized knowledge of building types.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of interior design, building materials, construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines and building costs and codes.
- Initiates and creates interior designs and plans along with presentation material and design drawings for client meetings.
- Assembles the necessary interior design documentation for conceptual, schematic and design development design phases.
- Provides interior design information, decisions, and solutions to the Project Team throughout the course of assigned projects (through completion of construction).
- Reviews the requests for interior design changes and creates new detailed drawings accordingly.
- Maintains frequent communication with the Design Team leader, Project Architect, Project Manager and other appropriate individuals to sustain proper information flow.
- Responsible for finish material selection, preparation and presentation of finish boards, and finishes binders.
- Communicates decisions on finishes selections to project documentation team, and specifier.
- Compiles or oversees the compilation and maintenance of the project product manual for finishes, which records interior design decisions.
- Interfaces with consultants, ensuring the coordination of the interior design portion of the project is completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews project interior design plans, design direction, budgets and planning for new and existing projects.
- As part of a project team, may lead a team of interior designers to develop project interior design requirements and solutions for assigned projects.
- Develops project interior design requirements as a result of research, discussions with Project Manager, Principal in Charge, Design Team leader and client interviews.
- Collaborates with the Design team leader to develop the overall project interior design to address the client’s needs inclusive of budget, schedule and vision.
- Coordinates the work of the project interior design team during the design phase of each assigned project, including JCJ staff and consultant.
- On FF&E projects, defines scope, selects products and systems, and coordinates the preparation and bid tabulation of FF&E bid documents. Makes recommendations of products and systems for purchase to clients.
- Participates in the proposal/interview process with clients to secure new business opportunities.
- May serve as the Design team leader on assigned projects.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Extensive experience in Hospitality is required
- Bachelors in Interior Design or Architecture
- Experience with FF&E and procurement is preferred
- 10+ years experience in interior design, interior design management and architectural services.
- 5+ years creating project interior design solutions.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Licensed Architect, Professional Registration/License preferred
- Advanced Computer and Information Management Skills (AutoCAD, Revit)
To apply: email your resume to HR@JCJ.com, subject line: Sr. Interior Designer, Phoenix
No Phone Calls Please
JCJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer