Interim Design Development Project Manager
Plus One Health Management Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive wellness solutions for corporations and other discerning organizations. From the design, development, and management of on-site wellness centers, to the creation and execution of results-focused employee wellness programs, to the five-star delivery of hospitality spa and fitness services, Plus One applies an integrated approach to individual and employee wellness. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, financial services firms, law partnerships, and world leaders in the media, biotechnology, energy, and pharmaceutical industries. Founded in 1986, today Plus One employs more than 1,700 professionals nationwide.
We are currently seeking an Interim Design Development Project Manager to work out of our Corporate Headquarters Office located in lower Manhattan in New York City. This individual will fulfill the requirements of the following job description for Project Manager as part of the Design Development team. Our Design Development team is focused on working closely with clients on the design and development of their fitness center. This position will run from August 4, 2014 – December 26, 2014. Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Manage a portfolio of projects for Plus One in the design and development of worksite fitness centers for our clients.
- Attend recurring project meetings in person, via conference call, and via webinar as required by owners, architects, and/or project management firms.
- Formulate an individualized program list, square footage analysis, and design comments to facilitate the schematic planning for architectural direction and design.
- Work closely with all stakeholders on each project through all phases of Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Fitness Equipment Procurement, Freight & Logistics, and Installation of fitness equipment for turnover to Plus One Operations team.
- Provide space blocking plans and layouts of all key areas within a fitness center development plan. This will include entrance & reception, locker rooms, cardio, strength training, free weights, functional training, group fitness studios, recreational areas, and outdoor programming areas.
- Ability to read and review schematic, design development, and construction documents. Provide design comments related to the drawings through all phases of each project.
- Develop capital fitness equipment, partial FF&E, and startup supply budgets for each project.
- Manage the fitness equipment sourcing and procurement process within budget and in concert with all stakeholders to include the client, architect, project management firms, and the Plus One Finance department where applicable. This includes quote gathering, purchase order development and administration, and invoice processing.
- Maintain a positive and professional network of relationships with supply chain vendor partners including but not limited to fitness equipment, lockers, flooring, laundry equipment, audio-visual equipment and services, and recreational equipment.
- Provide specification packages as required by each project for the supply chain vendor partners where applicable.
- Conduct ongoing research and development as it pertains to the health club industry and the design and development of cutting edge fitness and wellness centers to meet the goals and objectives of our clients in their respective projects.
This position is a full time exempt position that requires 40 hours per week and all of the relevant benefits for a full time salaried professional at Plus One. The Design Development department at Plus One is a customer service oriented consulting practice that works with current clients and new project clients on the design and development of renovation and new fitness center projects. We work in concert with our clients to meet the deadlines and deliverables as expected by the project timelines of each project. The Design Development team at Plus One is a mobile workforce with time commitments to the corporate office and some travel covering the entire country. The hours have some flexibility; however there are time sensitive aspects of these projects that need immediate attention and quick turnaround.
- Experience and knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture 2013 and Microsoft Office Suite programs are required.
- Architectural planning, fitness and/or wellness center design, spa design, and project management skills and experience are required.
- Client facing meeting experience and presentation skills are required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or a related field plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience is required.
- Experience and interest in being part of a wellness oriented and hospitality driven culture is recommended.
- Experience and interest in the technical aspects of fitness and/or wellness center development is recommended.
- Portfolio documenting the responsibilities outlined above is recommended.
To apply, please visit the Careers section of our Website at www.plusone.com, or directly at http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PLUSONE&cws=1&rid=2751