Santa Monica, CA, USLocation:
Sat, Jun 7 '14Posted on:
OXArchitects is a high-end residential architectural practice established in Santa Monica. This is a creative office with high expectations for design and project delivery. Our client base is consistent, growing and diversifying. We are seeking a motivated consulting architect or project manager to work with our team.
Qualifications and experience:
- Accredited Degree in Architecture: B.Arch or M.Arch from a NAAB-accredited school
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in residential or hospitality architecture
- Ability to independently manage all phases of project delivery
- Demonstrate ability to prepare documents for agency approvals
- Coordination of consultants and documents for approval and construction
- Comprehensive zoning and residential building code analysis in Los Angeles (experience in Beverly Hills and Malibu a plus)
- Attend client meetings during all phases of project delivery
- Research and document approval requirements relative to each project
- Produce and manage all design, presentation and permit documents
- Process all approvals with city and any agencies having jurisdiction. Multiple visits to various agencies will be necessary.
- Respond to RFI’s during construction
- Provide material and finishes specifications and details for construction
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, typically three single family dwelling projects each ranging from 5,000 to 8,000 sf new construction or remodel.
- Excellent communication skills especially with coordinating consultants and approvals
- Demonstrate excellent ability with AutoCAD drafting and file management
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling Rhino, and SketchUp, Rendering using vRay
- Additional computer skills: Graphic design and presentation software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Power Point. Microsoft Office.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and examples of work demonstrating design and technical ability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit attachment file size to 5MB. Only qualified candidates as described above will be considered. Salary commensurate with ability and experience.