3D Architectural Artist
New York, NY, USLocation:
Wed, Jun 4 '14Posted on:
SHoP Architects is seeking a talented and creative in-house 3D Architectural Artist to join our Visualization Department and staff of over a hundred people. As the firm has grown, so has our demand for consistent, high-quality architectural imagery. Working with teams of architects and designers, the candidate must visualize the design intent through a combination of 3D and 2D composition techniques. The ideal candidate would have a background in architectural design and visualization and be capable of producing both photo-real and stylized output from drawings, diagrams and models (both digital and physical). This is not and will not lead to a position in architectural design. As a full time member of our staff you’ll enjoy a competitive salary, full benefits, and a fun, creative work environment.
- Working closely with design teams and interpreting architectural designs as specified within project sketches, architectural drawings or models; realizing those designs as compelling imagery.
- Converting existing models from CAD or other 3D modeling packages.
- 2D image compositing, finishing and retouching operations on rendered frames.
- Preparation and set up of scenes for distributed and/or network rendering, and submitting those scenes to our render farm management system.
- Work independently and as part of a team project.
- Maintain high quality standards and meet tight deadlines.
Specific Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design or Industrial Design
- 3 - 4 yrs experience in a design firm environment
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of color, composition and lighting in imagery
- Intermediate / expert knowledge of modeling, rendering and animation with 3ds Max
- Intermediate / expert knowledge of lighting and rendering with VRay
- Expert knowledge of editing and compositing with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Familiarity with After Effects and Lightroom is a plus
- Familiarity with workflow and document management using Adobe Bridge and Version Cue
- Familiarity with modeling and rendering in Rhino with VRay
- Proficiency in freehand sketching, and or painting / photography is a plus
- Immediate availability
For immediate, confidential consideration, please send your resume, relevant information, and a series of 5-10 portfolio images (pdf format <5MB or web link) that include visual examples of 3D renderings, sketches, photography, illustrations, and/or finished animations to: email@example.com.
SHoP Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must have legal US work status.
Absolutely no freelancers or contractors will be considered.