Mid-Level Interior Designer
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Tue, Jun 3 '14Posted on:
Do you love what you do? We do.
We are an atypical design firm that is changing the definition of what it means to be an architect and a designer.
Our firm is truly a multi-disciplinary design firm comprised of architects, interior designers, product designers, merchandising specialists, brand strategists, cultural anthropologists, advertising professionals and public relations experts. We have multiple offices and are looking for a few more exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We offer an excellent work environment, cool culture and significant opportunities for career growth and leadership. If this is what you are looking for, send us your resume and some samples of your work.
We are looking for an interior design team member, 6–8 years of experience, that will collaborate on commercial and retail interior projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design and design development. Must be able to provide project team coordination for finish plans, specifications and material selection required for construction. Must have the ability to develop custom furniture and interior details to the construction document level. Our ideal candidate has the natural ability to prioritize a litany of tasks, negotiate schedules, garner trust and credibility, nurture relationships and communicate with extreme proficiency. All candidates must have well- rounded experience in commercial and retail buildings with particular focus on design from programming to material selection and detailing. Strong graphic and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a team environment, are also critical.
- 6+ years of experience in leading or participating in the interior design of retail and/or restaurant projects.
- FIDER accredited bachelor's degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design required. Certified Interior Designer or working towards certification preferred.
- Proven planning experience, including development of interior design concepts, space planning, expert knowledge of FF&E, planning codes, materials and budgets.
- Must have good knowledge of codes, construction documentation & detailing for commercial interiors. Experience in material & furniture research, selection and presentation for commercial and/or hospitality projects.
- Ability to develop custom details and furniture from conceptual design through construction documents.
- Strong ability to communicate and manage expectations of internal team members, clients and third party consultants and contractors.
- Ability to self-start and work with team in a unique, small office environment will be paramount to success.
- Track record for managing project schedules on time and on budget. Knowledge of Sketchup, Revit, 3D Vectorworks are preferred. Proficiency with Vectorworks and MAC-based systems is a plus.
- Collaborates with design and implementation teams on retail/restaurant interiors projects from concept through implementation.
- Uses space planning and interior design skills to translate the defined attitude and essence of the brands we work with to a meaningful human experience.
- Presents design work internally and to external clients.
- Heads coordination for the finished interior design plans on time and within budget including: selection of furniture systems, specifications and material selections required for construction.
- Participates in the implementation of projects and review of submittals and finish samples.
- Works with consultants, contractors, fabricators and specification writers to meet overall project objectives.
- Shows future management potential through an ability to mentor team members and offer guidance.
To apply, please send representative samples of work, cover letter and resume via email to shookkelley-SHKK0897@applications.recruiterbox.com with heading: Mid-level Interior Designer_your name. No phone calls please.