Intermediate Interior architect
VPID Job Description
Employer: Valerie Pasquiou Interiors and Design, Inc. - www.vpinteriors.com
Position: Intermediate Interior Designer
Location: New York, NY, US
VPID is a widely-published firm specializing in high-end residential and commercial contemporary architecture and interior design projects, seeking a dynamic, self-driven, creative and technical interior designer with a minimum of 2 years experience. This position works closely with the design principal (Valerie Pasquiou).
Qualifications, Skills & Responsibilities Candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional interior design experience. - Degree from an accredited Bachelors or Masters program in Interior Design and or Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Rhino or 3D Max, and Microsoft Office.
- Skillfulness to translate design concepts to plans, elevations and concept details, producing complete construction documents, including millwork detailing and specifications.
- Experience co-managing several projects simultaneously in different phases of development (from design concept, through construction and installation, to FF&E and decorating).
- Capability of executing contemporary and contextually appropriate sensitive designs, understanding the firm's design philosophy as it applies to each project.
- Knowledge of the design process and resources, including construction, specifications, finish and material selections (such as tiles, plumbing fittings & fixtures, lighting, furniture, fabrics, trims, and accessories), trends and custom furniture.
- Experience creating and managing schedules and budgets for multiple projects.
- Must be problem solver, self-starter, motivated, take initiative, with strong work ethic, able to work independently and in a collaborative team setting, well organized, detail-oriented, client savvy and capable of acting as a liaison between clients, vendors, and contractors.
Please provide cover letter and submit your resume and work samples or portfolio in PDF format [not only your website], along with salary requirements. Please email applications to email@example.com with ‘Intermediate Interior Designer position’ as the subject.