Fri, May 30 '14Posted on:
MAD works in forward-looking environments developing futuristic architectures based on a contemporary interpretation of the eastern spirit of nature. All of MAD’s projects from residential complexes, offices to cultural centers – desire to protect a sense of community and orientation toward nature, offering people the freedom to develop their own experience. Based in Beijing and Los Angeles, MAD currently employs 60 architects from 11 nationalities. Find more information about our firm at www.i-mad.com.
We are seeking senior architects with 7+ years experience in major international architecture firms who have participated or completed large-scale projects. The senior architect position will be based in MAD’s Beijing office. Our current projects include high-rises, mixed-use developments and cultural projects both within China and abroad. The ideal candidate should also be extremely professional, possess strong communication skills and be experienced in execution phases, especially in DD and CD.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture,
- Have minimum 7 years of experience, especially those that have participated and completed large scale projects at top tier international design firms. The ideal candidate should be extremely professional and possess strong communication skills.
- Be a strong leader, able to direct and coach design teams well to ensure overall design quality, scheduling, and execution. Able to supervise junior architects’ performance and deliver proper guidance for their career path and learning curve within the MAD office,
- Has expertise in AutoCAD. Preference will be given to those who are very familiar with Rhino or Maya.
- Be experienced in shop drawings and has strong knowledge in the profession. Possess the skills to communicate work details in every step of construction, including detailed documentation phases and extensive materials knowledge;
- Can keep up with the fast paced work environment and deal with obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude. The candidate should also be positive and out-going, strong communicator and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks when he/she is required to do so.
- Have deep knowledge, understanding and education of general design concept, technical terms, policy, protocol & rules for each project. Can absolutely understand, deliver and execute principals’ thoughts and idea on project and design concept.
- Strong communicator that had experience and could communicate with clients and other partners. Has general oversight and management on several projects that he/she is overseeing
Please send your resume and portfolio in PDF format (no larger than 5mb) to email@example.com