Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Thu, May 29 '14Posted on:
SmithGroupJJR is an idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR as one of the foremost architectural and engineering firms in the world.
The Los Angeles office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for an Intermediate level Architect to participate in a variety of projects. We are seeking a talented individual that is committed to and passionate about design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities may include:
- Part of a close team of individuals dedicated to driving innovative concepts about a variety of building types through strong planning and design expertise.
- Providing assistance throughout the building design process, including programming, schematic design, design development and contract documents, under routine guidance.
- Providing design support for presentations, which may include computer modeling, model building and renderings.
- Compiling data and performing elementary design computations.
We are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in an Architectural firm.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and ability to grasp complex functional program requirements.
- Strong background in design.
- Knowledge of CAD, 3D computer modeling and rendering (preferred) and graphic software programs including – Adobe Creative Suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- The ability to work well in a team environment with a collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Certification in LEED AP preferred.
- A registered architect, or in progress to achieve registration
- Proficiency in Revit, preferred.
- Advanced technical skills preferred.
- Healthcare and Science and Technology experience is preferred but not a requirement.
Instructions for applying – please read carefully.
- Go to www.smithgroupjjr.com and go to the Careers page.
- On the Junior/Intermediate Architect posting, please click the Apply here link. Fill in the required information, and submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio as attachments. Please do not type the information into the text boxes provided. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter
- SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 7 or 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.