• Management of multiple projects, clients, consultants and contractors through all project phases
• Perform building surveys and investigations
• Preparation of exterior conditions reports, construction cost estimates, construction and bid documents
• Design of technical construction details
• Research and interpretation of the NYC building code, zoning rules and regulations
• Preparation of DOB and LPC applications
• Preparation of proposals and contracts
• Perform bid negotiations, contract administration and construction management
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including health/dental coverage, 401(k) retirement plan, and Paid Time Off
To be considered candidate must provide the following in one packaged document under 5MB total:
• Cover letter stating your interest in the position
• Resume listing your education with dates of attendance and work experience including your roles and responsibilities on projects
• Work samples that exhibit experience in the qualifications listed below
• Salary Requirements
Desired Skills & Experience
• Must be a current resident of New York City and have the required documentation to work in the U.S.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Architecture
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication and English language skills
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Experience with all phases of the design and construction process
• Efficient organizational and management skills
• RA license or in progress to complete registration exam
We are an established, award winning, Manhattan based full service architecture firm specializing in exterior restoration, historic preservation, additions, alterations, adaptive re-use, new design, property development and construction NYC and the Northeastern U.S.
We approach each project, large or small, with the same level of attention and value, far exceeding the standard level of professional care. Beginning with a detailed investigation of each project’s unique conditions, we integrate our client’s budgetary, programmatic and aesthetic goals to devise and implement a solution that is both graceful and pragmatic.
Our team recognizes that a design is only as good as its execution and is dedicated to every project from inception through completion to ensure we achieve quality design that is built well. Through traditional construction methods and new construction technologies, we find innovative solutions to immediate and long term concerns of building maintenance and preservation.
We are creative problem solvers dedicated to a hands-on approach that brings a passion for craftsmanship into all phases of our projects. We offer direct access to our principal, project managers and architects, and are committed to working closely with property owners maintaining an open, transparent line of communication and ensuring dedicated personal attention throughout.
We view the preservation and re-use of new and historic buildings as a critical practice in the sustainable stewardship of our environmental resources. Buildings represent an incredibly high embodied energy - the energy and resources expended to build or replace them. As experts in the preservation of historic structures and the adaptive re-use of existing buildings, we are strong advocates for preservation as one of the most beneficial green practices that can be offered in building construction.
Our approach is enthusiastic and sensitive to the history of structures, while pragmatic about their present needs to ensure that these buildings remain active contributors to our urban fabric. We practice architecture with a hands-on approach that is responsive to the craft of traditional building materials, yet progressive in the implementation of new technologies. We have in-depth knowledge and experience in specifying, detailing, and fabricating a broad range of traditional materials. Our practice directs this immediacy of materials toward preserving the historical character and architectural significance of the buildings under our care.
Our approach to the restoration of existing and historic building shells, integrated with innovative technologies and the design of new programmatic uses, is what makes our firm unique.View your Application History