Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Tue, May 20 '14Posted on:
Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line
We help shape the world around us — from high-rise buildings to educational, cultural, research and transportation facilities. Our design process is based on energy-efficient building systems, and appropriate selection of materials and form to maximize environmental conditions and long-term performance.
AECOM is seeking visionary and dynamic leadership for our Los Angeles office, with the primary responsibility to help grow the Architecture practice, with a focus on selling AECOM Design Integration, Excellence and Innovation to local, regional and international Clients.
This role includes a focus on developing new business relationships and opportunities with owners, organizations and institutions in the local, regional and international marketplace. The position requires an ability to get work, oversee that work as project principal, and to work closely with our existing design professionals.
We are seeking an individual who:
- is an industry-recognized leader in Architecture in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area
- has strong client relationships, connections and an established client network
- will develop new business with existing and new clients
- is focused on the use and potential of technology in design
- understands business fundamentals that include client leadership, business development, financial oversight, design quality, and project delivery, and
- is technically solid with an ability to convey thoughts through, and lead people by, their design
The position will involve:
- Leading the Los Angeles Architectural Practice based at the AECOM office at 515 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071.
- Develop a well-balanced, multi-disciplinary team; assess capabilities of staffing resources; grow, develop and maintain expertise; and augment team with additional expertise
- Collaborating with Los Angeles, Regional and National Leadership. Work with regional and international architecture sector leaders to implement key initiatives, investments and strategies for growth and practice- development
- Act as Principal in Charge in selected projects.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with staff and project managers and clients.
- Provide leadership and guidance for projects and programs within Architecture.
- Provide interface and team building initiative between various business lines, market sectors and disciplines Conduct regular review sessions with personnel and provide guidance for future performance expectations
- Maximize profit while minimizing risk
- Building Client Relationships. Develop strong client relationships and serve as a key client relationship manager.
- Advocates design excellence and quality – leads the office in assuring that the work of staff and sub-consultants is fully coordinated.
- Builds high performance organizations – aligns the operation and allocates resources according to strategic priorities, recognizes and unleashes the potential of others by providing the needed environment, resources, coaching, experiences and other support, champions an innovative culture, embeds a collaborative culture.
- Champions change – makes the AECOM vision understandable, creates buy-in to the vision by linking day-to-day work to the attainment of the vision, engages and mobilizes others to drive change, reduces organizational ambiguity for others.
The successful candidate must be a Registered Architect having a minimum of 15 years’ experience with 20 years preferred in the geographic marketplace. Other expertise may include; Corporate and Commercial, Education (K-12) and/or Federal. Each will be considered as an additional benefit to the role. Deep knowledge of the marketplace, key clients, and industry trends is paramount. A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required and a Master’s degree is preferred.
The candidate should have:
- Experience and skill in strategic business development, client relationships and driving sales and revenue
- The ability to support and lead business development activities through early client interaction, “scope of work” development, interviews, and on-going client maintenance interface
- Acted as principal-in-charge of a large/multi-disciplined project /consultant team
- Established project scopes, work plans and work schedules with project managers
- Successfully delivered projects within the clients’ budget / schedule requirements
- Successfully delivered project as-bid fee and profit to the firm
- Interfaced with project managers on schedules, project review meetings, issues management and client expectations
- An ability to travel and/or work remotely with teams
- A strong desire to train, mentor and develop staff to grow their careers and the business
Important skills and abilities necessary for success:
- Proven leader of designers
- Personable and interactive
- Problem solver
- Flexible with staff and team
- Works well under pressure
- Advanced Business Degree
- Ability to speak and write in more than one language (Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Please apply online at https://jobs.aecom.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=20052&siteid=5022&areq=99180BR