I have between four and five years of experience working in architecture firms and one interior design firm. My most recent position was as a Project Manager at James Wagman Architect, where I oversaw a residential gut renovation from concept design through CA, a preschool from DD through CA, and portions of many other projects as well. I have managed CA for four projects, all local to New York, so I visited the sites weekly and developed good working relationships with the contractors. I enjoy both conceptual design and the reality of getting a design built.
I am a recent M.Arch. graduate from the University of Pennsylvania's School of Design, and I have excellent graphic skills and familiarity with a lot of design software. I am currently freelancing on a graphic design project for the Dean's Office and Computing at PennDesign.
I am available for full-time architecture, urban design, and graphic design positions, as well as part-time and freelance work. I am open to moving anywhere for a good job, and I am prepared to move quickly. While help with relocation is appreciated if available, it is not required for me to accept a position.
Please refer to my website to see more of my work or my full CV: evajermyn.me.
PennDesign IT Services, Philadelphia, PA, US, Lab Assistant
- Graphically designed a touch-screen interface and IT signage
- Performed plotting tutorials for incoming students
- Assisted students and faculty with plotting and IT problems
PennDesign Architecture, Philadelphia, PA, US, Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Assisted students in an Introductory Studio with skills from hand-drafting to installation-assembly
- Assisted students in an Introductory software class with Rhino and the Adobe Creative Suite
Hudson Studio Architects, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
HSA is a partnership of James Wagman Architect and Linda Yowell Architects.
- Coordinated a project from DD through CA
- Prepared a project proposal in response to an RFP
James Wagman Architect, LLC, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
- Coordinated projects throughout concept design, SD, DOB and Landmarks filing, DD, CD and CA
- Red-lined drawings and supervised junior employees to complete drawing sets
- Coordinated projects with clients, contractors and consultants (Mechanical and Structural
Engineers, Code Consultants, Landmarks Representatives, Community Boards, Spec Writers,
Lighting Designers, Interior Designers, AV Consultants, Fire Alarm Consultants, Vendors)
- Established office standards for drawing sets and project filing systems
- Worked with a graphic designer to create a portfolio book for the office
Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, New York, NY, US, Intern
- Created presentation drawings, renderings, and models during SD
- Coordinated drawing sets internally and with external consultants during DD + CD
Bottaro-Skolnick, Springfield, MA, US, Intern
Intern at this Interior Design Firm and Design Resource Library
- Selected and priced products and materials for Interior Designers
- Drafted floor plans by hand for Interior Designers
- Organized and inventoried the Design Resource Library
Burrows Cave International, London, GB, Intern
I held this position while participating in the London Internship Program at Boston University. For the entire semester, I worked at Burrows Cave International four days each week, and spent the fifth work day each week in classes.
- Designed and detailed an awning for a mall
- Organized and simplified CAD files from external sources in preparation for in-house use
- Picked up red-lines for large-scale mixed-use projects in various design phases
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, US, MArch, MArch
Boston University, Boston, MA, US, Bachelors, BA
Independent Concentration: Architecture Studies