I am a highly creative professional with a background in Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment and Signage project management, event management, and theatrical stage management. Beyond my work in construction, I have visual arts training and experience including drawing, photography, InDesign, and PowerPoint presentation work for Washington and Lee’s Facilities Management department including assisting the University Architect on supporting materials for the University’s Master Plan.
I built Washington and Lee's in house FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment) management position, previously outsourced, as Capital Projects Technical Assistant as well as in house project relocation planning and management.
I managed the selection and acquisition of Furniture and Equipment for offices, studios, labs and classrooms in Wilson Hall, the four-story Art and Music building at Washington and Lee including start up equipment for a new Photography program, planned and managed relocation of Art and Music Department faculty, staff and existing equipment to new studios, and coordinated the delivery and installation of 22 new and multiple existing pianos to Music practice rooms and rehearsal hall.
I have extensive experience in event management including the carefully scheduled sequence of swing space design, renovation, furniture and sign installation and relocations of the Offices of the President, Provost, University Advancement, English, Philosophy and Classics Departments surrounding the renovation of Payne Hall and Washington Hall.
Washington and Lee University - Facilities Management Capital Projects Division, Lexington, VA, US, Project Support Specialist / Project Coordinator
• Managed FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment) process for capital projects, created budgets, collaborated on needs assessment, design and selection with Project Managers, Interior Designers/Architects, and University clients. Managed interior design and selection for in-house projects and space planning, collaborating with University Architect and clients to assess needs and select furnishings during project design phase. Managed procurement and furniture installations. Structured furniture information resource library and served as central guidance source for furniture needs and standards. Initiated and maintained consultant and vendor contacts.
• Designed and produced presentations, publications, study support graphics, and renderings for University planning and studies. Photographed projects and campus sites for department publications and reports.
• Collaborated on the creation and implementation of sign standards, coordinated the design and installation of signage/way finding for Capital and individual projects. Built University inventory of plaques deployed on campus.
• Planned, organized and managed building and department relocations, space utilization and swing space design, using AutoCAD to design swing space and office layouts.
• Conducted site inspections and developed documentation in support of Capital Projects.
Washington and Lee University - Construction Administration and University Architect's Office, Lexington, VA, US, Capital Projects Technical Assistant
Promoted from Capital Projects Technical Assistant to Project Coordinator in September 2008.
• Supported planning, study efforts of the University Architect, coordinated consultant visits, committee meetings, campus tours, edited documents, contributed writing/graphics to reports and other documents and presentations.
• Edited and proofread department publications and documents, including RFPs, Contracts, Study Reports and other outgoing correspondence.
• Managed blueprint library, plotted architectural drawings using AutoCAD, and supported the maintenance of building inventories and electronic CAD files.
Denison University, Granville, OH, US, Theatre and Studio Art
Transferred to Sweet Briar College in January 1985. While at Denison I studied Theatre (towards an MFA degree) and Studio Art.
Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, VA, Bachelors, Theatre and Design (Studio Art)