Twenty years of experience as an architect, and fifteen years of experience as a furniture designer, craftsman and builder separate me from architects who design in two dimensions. I see and feel a building as it works its way from concept, through schematic design and design development. Construction documents and details in my drawings reflect a clear understanding of materials and building components based on experience accumulated over time, and tested in the field.
I will be the leading member of your team and will bring our projects to completion on time, and on budget. Equally as important, the projects I lead are successful by developing a solid and continuing relationship with the client, staff, consultants, and general contractor.
General contractors and subcontractors enjoy working on my projects for that reason- reliability in design and documentation. That relationship is critical, and reinforces our relationship with the client. The client is provided with assurance that his investment is sound, and that the team is working together towards their best interest.
A great project is successful from inception. Our task as architects is to bring that vision into reality. That is what defines a successful architectural team, a valued team leader, and a growing architectural firm. I look forward to working with you.
John Eisenbeisz, AIA
EDS, Santa Barbara, CA, US, Principal Designer
• Expert in building technologies, architectural space planning, and construction documents.
• Coordinate mixed-use and multi-family housing construction projects.
• Expertise in various architecture models and technical skills.
• Work well with vendors across commercial, private, and public sectors.
• Proficient in hand sketching, perspectives, and computer aided drawing.
• Take concepts to creation while effectively managing all resources.
Thomas Bollay Architects, Inc., Santa Barbara, CA, US, Project Architect
• Restoration of the Music Academy of the West in Santa Barbara.
• Design of a 10,000 square foot addition, with a seamless transition.
DesignARC, Santa Barbara, CA, US, Senior Project Manager
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Honolulu, HI, US, BArch, Architecture
Conceptual and Schematic Design. Design Development and Construction Administration
Architectural Engineering, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Acoustics
Humboldt State University, Eureka, CA, US, Fine Arts
Graphic Arts & Sculpture
Publication in Architectural Record, 1st Place
Naturally Lit Vaulted Ceiling unique to natural lighting and sustainable building technologies.
Historic Homes Parade, Award
Historic Preservation and Seamless Transition for an Addition to a Historic Residence
The Honolulu Academy of Arts, 1st Place
Dining Room Table with Spiral Base