Hi, I'm Jay, a recent graduate of the Bachelor of Architecture program at NC State University.
I am currently seeking an entry level internship position in an architectural design firm with the expectation of enhancing my design, representation and communication capabilities through working on challenging and detail oriented projects. In addition to my coursework, I have devoted much of my time towards gaining proficiency in new software, reading about current projects and learning recent breakthroughs in technology and innovation. Whenever I manage to have spare time, I enjoy meeting new people, cooking, discovering new music, playing basketball and traveling.
North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Raleigh, NC, US, Summer Intern
- Scheduling visits with the maintenance managers of correctional facilities in the southeastern region of North Carolina.
- Traveling to the facilities to document the location and condition of utility meters.
- Notifying my supervisor of discrepancies between the recent utility bill statements and actual energy usage.
- Updating the plans and meter schedules of the facilities in AutoCAD
North Carolina Department of Transportation, Raleigh, NC, US, Summer Engineering Assistant
- Revising construction documents for NC DOT storage and operating facilities
- Visiting sites for upcoming projects
- Attending building pre-final and final inspections on buildings designed within the division
- Sitting in on the construction bid and mandatory pre-bid meeting for an upcoming project designed by an outside architectural design firm
- Space planning
University Directories, Chapel Hill, NC, Ad Design Assistant
Primary task was to design advertisements for businesses targeting the college market.
NC State University School of Design, Raleigh, NC, US, BArch, Architecture