Born Taiwanese & raised around the world, Janet is a freelance interior designer / artist that resides in New York City.
She graduated with a business marketing degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas Texas, and then further pursued her dreams to become an interior designer graduating from Parsons The New School for Design located in the heart of New York City.
A passionate designer, Janet incorporates the use of bold colors mixed with different patterns and materials, giving her design a contemporary, comfortable and luxurious style. It's her ultimate objective that her clients love and feel comfortably optimistic with their surroundings. Janet is continually inspired by her travels around the world, which compliments her desire to push boundaries and find exquisite pieces for her clients. Her down to earth attitude and worldly view on design makes her all around a great designer to work with.
Decorilla, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer
• Provide potential clients around the world with presentations & mood board
• Offer 3D renderings of space & furniture suggestions
• Communicate and work with clients on final shopping list & any additional design requests
Lazzoni Furniture Inc, New York, NY, US, Design Associate
• created compelling visual displays with design layout suggestions and photo realistic renderings for local clients
• developed sales strategies for customers which led to an average of $50,000 in monthly sales
• executed high-end residential staging projects for various real estate agencies including CORE and Yitzhak Loria Management
• supported administrative, logistics and marketing staff by handing customer issues,coordinating shipments and creating marketing material
•gained extensive knowledge in the process of european furniture manufacturing and resale procedure
Michael Kors, New York, NY, US, International Store Design Intern
• assisted project manager with autocad technical drawing details for existing and new launching stores
• created and executed interior design standards guideline to provide for international store sites
• researched on materials & fixtures for international flagship stores, retail stores and wholesale locations
Designer Hilary White & Liv Chic Furniture, New York, NY, US, Design/ Marketing Intern
• created residential design concepts for potential clients by developing design boards, drawings and presentations
• researched and implemented pricing strategies that were used in profitable projects
• provided copy writing for email promotions, website content, social media, marketing material and newsletters
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US , INTERIOR DESIGN
Associate's degree in Interior Design
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, US, Bachelors, Business Marketing/ Advertising