I am presently exploring opportunities towards which my extensive experience in managing successful commercial and residential development projects would be an asset.
I am passionate about architecture, urban planning and land use development and my managers describe me as highly enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated and team-oriented. My strong interpersonal skills and leadership experience underscore my ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of your organization. My expertise includes managing multiple projects with high attention to detail, providing thorough analysis and recommendations, effective public speaking and technical writing skills, excellent collaboration and communication with all levels of public and private organizations and strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
Super Soccer Stars, New York, NY, US, Soccer Coach
• Develop well-written lessons plans to include skill-building exercises.
• Coach and lead classes that are age-appropriate and progressive.
• Formulate strategies and creative techniques to involve a diverse range of soccer skill levels.
City of Dublin, Dublin, CA, US, Assistant City Planner
• Processed various planning applications including Conditional Use Permits, Site Development Review Permits, Planned Development Amendments, Zoning Amendments, General Plan Amendments and map changes.
• Formulated recommendations and make presentations before the City Council and Planning Commission.
• Provided excellent public counter assistance and responded to inquiries from applicants, the general public and outside governmental agencies in both verbal and written forms.
• Interpreted and applied pertinent land use laws and zoning regulations and prepared various entitlement reports and correspondence in reviewing building and landscape plans, site development review and architectural design review permits.
• Conducted field investigations, performed research, compiled and analyzed data related to land use planning.
• Demonstrated quantitative analysis in parking and traffic studies to sustain new business development.
• Created and developed brochures to assist local business owners, developers and residents with permitting processes.
• Conducted environmental review on applications subject to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
City of Fremont, Fremont, CA, US, City Planning Intern
• Assisted with research and prepared reports for the City’s General Plan update to include demographic and population trends, transportation, utilities and infrastructure, public facilities, educational facilities, urban design, and sustainability.
• Served as support to City staff during Community Outreach meetings for the General Plan Update and effectively communicated with citizens to assist them in understanding the General Plan Update process.
• Contributed and developed outreaching strategies to encourage citizen involvement and input during the General Plan Update.
• Proven leadership abilities by directing small and large groups, resulting in increased group unity, involvement and teamwork.
• Designed and drafted potential street realignments to accommodate future housing development.
• Provided quantitative analysis and projections related to the City’s traffic analysis zones.
California State University, East Bay, Hayward, CA, US, Masters in Public Administration
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, US, Bachelors, Urban Studies