Currently seeking full time employment in the Interior Design and Architectural Field. Previous work experience with Real Estate, Risk Management, and Executive Administration, as well as superb experience working in the customer service industry.
As a Graduate receiving her BS in Interior Design from The Art Institute of California, in Los Angeles where she still lives and works. She draws inspiration from fashion, architecture, and surroundings. Hiking in the Los Angeles Mountains, taking in the glamorous LA nightlife, the effortless California beach lifestyle, her travels to Italy, France, Western Europe, and Central America add to her design style.
Grace Welis, a Southern California native of European descent possesses a lens with which to view unique style. It is a juxtaposition which allows her to transition seamlessly between contemporary and traditional visions; and the courage to contrast sometime unexpected elements with verve and dynamism. Her designs feature unique materials, inimitable furnishings, custom texture and lighting innovations.
Her aesthetic competence is complemented by a broad and rigorous technological skill set, including AutoCad, Illustrator, 3Ds Max, and Revit. This state of the art training allows Grace to bring her clients visions to life making the co-creating process seamless and gratifying. The rigor of her process is apparent in the depth and cohesion of her thesis project, Bulgari Hotel and Resort in Santa Monica.
Mass Architecture and Design, Los Feliz, CA, Interior Design Assistant
Assist Interior Design Principle with executing projects in hospitality. Worked directly with architects in space planning, material selection, coordinating with vendors and general contractors.
• Assist Principle Interior Designer & Assist Principle Architect in executing projects.
• Project Management: Liaison between clients and contractors to ensure the execution of a cost and time effective project.
• Create and maintain FF&E Specifications
• Shop for Furniture, textiles and other materials.
• Coordinated appointments with new clients
• High End Residential interior design, remodel, new construction & installations.
• Hospitality interior design, remodel, new construction & installations.
• Arrange deliveries and process purchases of project items.
• Organize fabric, textile, and stone library.
• Knowledge of Vendors
• AutoCad Drawings: Floor plans, space planning, and elevations.
• Design Custom Cabinetry
Barbara Grushow Designs, Malibu, CA, US, Jr. Interior Designer
Studio William Hefner, Los Angeles, CA, Jr. Interior Designer/ Intern
• Assist Principle and 2 Project Manager Designers in executing projects.
• Processed Proposals, Proformas, and P.O.s for client purchases.
• Organize fabric, textile, stone and rug library.
• Pick up, Deliver, & Memo out items to and from PDC and other local showrooms.
• Knowledge of Vendors and local companies
• Small rendering projects (rooms and small spaces)
• Space planning in Vector Works
• Create mockups
Berkshire Hathaway California Properties, Calabasas, CA, US, Marketing Assistant
Run MLS Reports daily, maintained inventory of real estate files and assisted with administrative
Computer & Office Copy/Fax/Scan Machine Wiz
Responsible for opening and closing office.
Distributed high volume of calls to appropriate departments
Maintain Real Estate agents scheduling for office of 75+ employees.
The Art Institute of California - Hollywood, North Hollywood, CA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design