see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Mies Van der Rohe once said "God is in the details." One thing that drew me to architecture is a passion for details. I have always had an interest in how things are put together. How are the difference parts distinct? how do they connect? And perhaps the most important question is: how do the parts make up a unified whole? Through observation of nature or assembled objects, I try to let a study and discovery of the relationships of the parts to each other and the whole inform the process of my design.
Margo Jones Architects, Greenfield, MA, US, Intern
• Drafting and Modeling
• Field Measurements
• Researching building materials and equipment
• Meeting with vendors and manufacturers
• Small design tasks
Self employed, freelancer, Turners Falls, MA, US, Graphic Designer
• Designing, creating, formatting, and editing graphics, logos, and layouts for advertising
and marketing using Adobe CS6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Working cooperatively with developers, printers, and sales staff to complete design
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst Center, MA, US, Teaching Assitant
• ARCH-DES 540 & ARCH-DES 540 “Analysis & Representation I & II”
• Preparing and leading lectures and labs on fundamental software skills used in
architectural analysis, design representations, and renderings using Adobe CS6
(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) AutoCAD 2D and 3D, Google Sketchup, and Rhinoceros.
• Teaching basics of designing and printing layouts and boards for presentations.
• Generating PDF tutorials for use and reference outside of class.
• Answering questions and troubleshooting problems in class and weekly office hours
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA, US, MArch, MArch
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst Center, MA, US, BArch, BFA Architecture
Junior/Senior Show Spring 2010, 1st Place
Art Series Scholorship, Scholarship