Landscape Architect & Environmental Planner
20 years experience with landscape designs, environmental planning and landscape architecture master planning.
• Registered Landscape Architect
• LEED Certificated
Enhance our diverse ecosystem with sustainable conditions for humans to experience plants and wild life within urban sittings.
• Efficiency to ensure accomplishment of assignments.
• Eagerness for learning to advocate for client interest.
• Continues searching for creative advanced solutions that add value to employer reputation and promote their services.
• Know where to find information that can generate comprehensive solutions most updated with most recent trends.
• High technical skills that understand the real problems and provide creative ideas and suggest the right solutions.
• Critical thinking that understand the important issues and search for the best answers.
• Determination that follow up till task completion.
• Team oriented encouraging participants to contribute with their skills and experience the success.
• Admiring those with good communication skills who can work well with others. Continue to learn from them and relate to how they are in touch with their inner world and present themselves as genuine and true to who they are.
• Continue personal journey of self-awareness and growth.
PBS Engineering & Environmental, Portland, OR, US, Senior Landscape Architect
Spearheaded the design and production of construction documents for transportation roadside projects with ODOT and WSDOT for a company that focuses on environmental engineering designs.
• Advanced through all design stages and producing all required construction documents and specifications for 200 acres of roadside plans.
• Reviewed and incorporated erosion control and grading plans.
• Exceeded expectations by utilizing Adobe Illustrated software to produce color graphics for marketing efforts to boost company visibility and build brand value.
Ecology & Environment International Services, New York, NY, US, Senior Landscape Architect
Selected by well known environmental quality control company to review landscape plans and ensure LEED certification of new city in Morocco. My contributions improved the company status and added to its success.
Washington State Department of Transportation, Seattle, WA, US, Transportation Planner Specialist
Recruited to manage multiple transportation roadside projects at Seattle, WA area.
• Completed assigned projects, some before deadlines, with highly creative solutions while communicating effectively with WSDOT transportation planners and engineers
• Transferred completed sites to maintenance agencies.
Dubai Municipality, Projects Department, Dubai, AE, Head of Landscape Unit
Brought on board to manage City of Dubai Landscape Unit with a $100 million budget for developing the city roadsides, parks and recreation sites, and various other projects.
• Improved the unit productivity by carrying more projects with less delivery time.
• Provided day-to-day supervision promoting clear understanding of performance expectations while scheduling and coordinating team activities.
Washington State Department of Transportation, Vancouver, WA, US, Landscape Designer
Recruited to create and draft roadside designs including urban streets, wetlands, interchanges and detention ponds at SW Region of WSDOT.
• Advanced projects through design stages while producing all required construction documents and specifications for a variety of roadside plans.
• Examined construction materials and approved construction methods.
Kurahashi & Associates, Beaverton, OR, US, Landscape Designer
Recruited by a landscape department at an engineering firm to design and draft roadside projects for ODOT including wetlands, interchanges and detention ponds.
• Utilized CAD skills to deliver high quality designs that helped retain ODOT service contracts and building the company visibility
• Provided assistance for many civil engineering projects with my research and fast learning skills
City of Portland Department of Parks & Recreation, Portland, OR, US, Parks Planner
Brought on board to utilize knowledge of plants materials and research skills to assist in
producing the City of Portland Urban Forest Management Plan
• Utilized passion for enhancing plants’ growing conditions within urban environment by providing assistance to the master plan committee by drafting better regulations to enhance quality and quantity of urban vegetation.
• Revised Hoyt Arboretum Master Plan to improve the plant collection quality with a report about Arboretum plant collection history
• Participated in urban trails planning and design
• Exceeded expectations with environmental behavior report about students’ after school activities
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, US, Masters, Landscape Architecture
University of Alfath, Tripoli, Libya, Bachelors, Horticulture