Archinect
anchor

Visualization fee

May 18 '14 7 Last Comment
SiameseDream
May 18, 14 3:21 am

Hi,
I was asked to look into outsourcing  our visualization works and was just wondering how much you guys think the work in this quality is worth ( per scene) ? Given it is done by a company in S/E Asia region where I know for the fact that the minimum wage is 9-10 $ / day and an architect grad  earns somewhere around 400-500$ a month.

Thanks

accesskb
May 18, 14 8:07 am

depends... Some companies pay tens of thousands of dollars for visualization work done by firms like MIR or Pixelflakes.  While I'm sure some pay people on fiver.com $5 to have a few renderings  http://www.fiverr.com

Quan Nyen Tran
May 18, 14 9:05 am

and they ask why architecture firms are losing their value.

Radu AxinteRadu Axinte
May 18, 14 9:45 am

Smells like an "Outsource to China" kind of thread.

But to answer your question, visualisation work like the one you've posted as example can be made with 1-2 hundred bucks on sites like Freelancer oDesk Elance etc, but usually, you get what you pay for.

SiameseDream
May 18, 14 11:19 am

Thanks for the comments. You get what you pay for ... could not agree more on that. I would have thought  somewhere around 200-300$ too / seems to be the price that most firms in that region are offering afaik.

sameolddoctor
May 18, 14 2:11 pm

Firms like MIR charge $4500 per image, regardless of whether it is a birds eye view or a eye-level one.

Most CG firms in China will charge about $800-$1200 for a Birds-Eye, and about $500-800 for eye-level shots...

Medusa
May 20, 14 10:30 am

My firm charges clients upwards of $1500 per rendering.

Radu AxinteRadu Axinte
May 20, 14 11:07 am

It would be interesting to associate some images, quality and speed of work with the price tags, IMO.

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading