Archinect
anchor

Research into Branding in Architecture. Please Participate

tony211289

Hi. I am an MArch student as the Leicester School of Architecture, and am carrying out research into branding in architecture.

If you work in an architectural firm based in UK, could you please take five minutes to participate. The more people take part, the more accurate the research will be.

Link:  http://eSurv.org?u=Branding_in_Architecture

Thank you

May 14, 14 4:16 pm
BulgarBlogger

I worked with Dr. Anna Klingmann who wrote a book titled, "Brandscapes". Check it out... http://www.amazon.com/Brandscapes-Architecture-Experience-Anna-Klingmann/dp/0262515032

May 14, 14 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

Curious what this is about.  I'm not in the UK...  But have done a lot of branded buildings since I do autodealerships (who's standards are international btw).  Also have worked on the prototyping stuff end of things back in the old gas station bread and butter work for major brands and quick marts...

It's weird work driven by spreadsheets and regional projections; Numbers guys calling the shots.  Sort of like sale projections decide how much showroom, how many service bays, and what amenities.  That stuff sets up the matrix for a lot of other things like sales offices, parts, etc.  Haven't done US domestic, but all the foreign brands do it from Ferrari to Honda.  And every one has 'sacred cow' elements you have to have from Bentley's white box entry to Acura's elliptical monument or Porsche's elliptical aluminum facade.  And they also change those standards every 5-10 years.  Even copywrited colors specific to the brand.  Texaco Red, Porsche silver, etc. 

If you are doing a paper... Look at the auto manufacturer's.  They excel at this just like they do branding their cars so you at a glance can tell a Mercedes from a BMW just by a hint of the grill.  They carry it over into their building standards.

Aug 20, 14 5:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: