Archinect
anchor

My favorite Archinect'ers.

abracadabra

in alphabetical order;
A, aeaa, agarch, Alan Loomis, alphanumericcha, Aluminate, anatomical gift, anti, ArchAngel, Archinect, archiphreak, archit84, archiTEKE, beatmeofficer, betadinesutures, blank,
bloodclotARCattack, BOTS, brian frels, Brim, Bryan Finoki, bryan, Bula, calatrava, Cameron Sinclair,
citizen, Clancy Pearson, cracker, curtclay, Dave Rizzolo, Dazed and Confused,
db, Ddot, design geek-girl, Devil Dog, diabase, doberman, Doug Johnston, doZer, e, e909, el jeffe, enzo76, ether, Evan Geisler, Evil Mayan Midget God, Ex-Army Dude, FlowB, FOG Lite, formanaught, Francisco David Boira, French, futureboy, gasp, geezer, givemeastamp, Gotan, gustav, hanimal, Hasselhoff, Helsinki, instrumentOFaction, Israel Kandarian, Its A Design Revolution!!, j, J3, JAG, jam-arch, Janosh, Javier Arbona, Jeremy, jetcetera, JG, jhopkins, jitter12, jmac, joe, joed, John Jourden, Josh Russell, jsap, juan moment, justin_hui, Kai, Kalle, Kellhammer, kurtneis, kyll, larslarson, LaTorpilleRose, lateral, le bossman, liberty bell, lola, Ludwig Abache, M. Scott Fajack, MADianito, Manteno_Montenegro, Marc Pittsley, Mason White, mauOne, mbr, mdler, Medit, metamechanic, Michael Doyle, MiesvanderRice, Minimal Animal, Mission St., mm, moda, momentum, monkeyboy, Mum, mwad, norm, oe, on my way, oregon, Ormolu, ovalle, Patrick Marckesano, Paul Petrunia, pencrush, Per Corell, Philip Gentleman, Pimp Minister Pete Nice, Pixelwhore, post-neorealcrapismist, proto, psycho-mullet, R.A. Rudolph, quondam, raton perez, rayray, Richard Ceccanti, richardtaylor, Rita Novel, rutger, sahar, sameolddoctor, sanofiSYN, satan, sewage, Shalak Moore, shorTongue, silverlake, slomo, soleproprietornow, squirrelly, STARK3D, stephanie, sterling hall, Steve Fuchs, Steven Ward, Strawbeary, Susan Surface, Tectonic, TED, the righteous fist of archinect...your name, third amigo, threads, tman, trace, Unedited (no longer here), urbanisto, Vladimir Pootin, wangsta, weave, webb, whistler, worm, wreckingball, xacto11, yo, zepplin100.
Thank you all including the people whose name is not in my list.
* does not mean i agree with everybody.

Nov 6, 04 2:59 pm
stephanie

awwwhh

Nov 6, 04 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
lola

group hug

Nov 7, 04 12:22 am  · 
 · 
slaprabbit

do archinects hang out with each other?
has any one hung out or went out to gather together, and talk ???

Nov 7, 04 5:52 am  · 
 · 

There have been threads on the topic before, I think people in Cali have met up in the past.

Us Eastcoasters are a bunch of slackers probably...

Nov 7, 04 7:44 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

better yet have any of collaborated or wanted to?

Nov 7, 04 8:12 am  · 
 · 
Mum

Aw thanks Abracadabra. And yes we are a bunch of slackers.

Nov 7, 04 9:36 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

bite me pixelwhore, us eastcoasters hang out quite often.

let's not start the East Coast - West Coast archinect battle again.

Nov 7, 04 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

....i think we don't hang because we actually have jobs, unlike west coasters...........this is WAR

war what is it good for?

just kidding btw.

if you want to hang come to a Puppy show and we can hang there.

Nov 7, 04 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

thanks abracadabra... your list puts me in great company. i know paul and the original archinecters get together often in their small circle of friends -- it would be kinda cool to put together a west coast / cali blogger party for writers and readers to celebrate the success. new years? winter break?

Nov 7, 04 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

aw, hearts for you too abra...
I don't hang out because I don't hang out, period. My schedule allows for about about 4-6 hours a day at home... that includes sleeping, laundry and other householdly duties. I don't have much of a social life.

Nov 7, 04 2:38 pm  · 
 · 

Jeez Cameron, calm down...
I'm not starting an East/West deal, and I wasn't insulting the East Coasters, because I am one (plus the East coast has the whole constantly moving/doing something attitude - or so I've been told by people I've met from Cali). The comment was more along sarcastic lines, etc.

Nov 7, 04 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

FYI: so was mine.

guess at least for the next 4 years we should call a truce and go Red vs. Blue.

Like Halo2 only with the moral majority vs. the immoral coast-lovers.

Nov 7, 04 3:37 pm  · 
 · 

Cameraon just gave me an idea:

Archinect LAN party!

Nov 7, 04 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

...we can even fire up FIFA 05 for our european friends.

though taking down sci-arc'ers via Halo does have a nice ring to it..

Nov 7, 04 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
THREADS

I feel so presssured to sound intelligent and say something sofisticate.....

Nov 7, 04 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
blank

hey thanks! though remember kids- quality over quantity when it comes to posting.

Nov 7, 04 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Just in time for the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love da love.

Nov 7, 04 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

I suppose I'd be hooking up with more archinect friends if I wasn't stuck in the barren wasteland of the Texas panhandle. I did however meet up with redchairs and another archinecter when I headed out to Cali last August. I imagine I also saw several of you while we were wondering around SCI-Arc. Anyhow if any of you guys find yourself vacationing in Lubbock Texas give me a shout.

Nov 7, 04 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i dont think any archinecters live near me...i wish i had intelligent architects my age to talk to here...

Nov 7, 04 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

Stephanie, I'll be in Bozeman in Mid December - I'm afraid thats as close as I get to Idaho (well unless the uni. invites me to lecture). We are possibly moving to Seattle in Jan. too.

Seattle Archinect/AFH New Years party anyone??

Nov 7, 04 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

a seattle party would be awesome because i do have intelligent architect friends there!

Nov 7, 04 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Thanks Abracadabra,

I remember first discovering Archinect 4 years ago, whilst at Uni in Melbourne. Now, I check it everyday and occasionally post when I feel I have the time to add something useful and well-written in a hurry.

Actually, another one of your favourites kept me coming back to check his comments, which were witty, ascerbic and wonderful. I remember he created a post asking something like "Whats my deal?", because he was getting alot of negative feedback to to his continual use of his trademark single-word post - "snore".

His posts were never the same after that... that Archinecter is Philip Gentleman.

And remember people, if you take the word "Archinecter", and remove letters and add some other letters, you get ArchiNectar - the fruit of architecture discussion. Actually, using the same process you can also get PompousBastard, but thats beside the point.

Nov 7, 04 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

let down and hanging around

crushed like a bug in the ground

....does anyone post on archinect regularly who isn't on that list?

ah, archinect. through the good times and the drunk times

Nov 7, 04 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Where would I be without Archnect to stimulate parts of the brain that usually lay dormant while I turn like a spare cog in the corporate machine. Of course I would like a gathering but it seems the nearest contributors are those going to, or at or been at the Bartlett, and we all know they are a bit out there on the edge.

Nov 8, 04 4:55 am  · 
 · 
French

Thanks Abracadabra...
I'm proud to see that my inconsistant contribution and my aproximative English still puts me in the archinect's vip list. Too bad that I'm too far away to physically meet with any of the others. And thanks to archinect for making great discussions possible and for always giving interesting info on the arch scene all over the world.

Nov 8, 04 5:04 am  · 
 · 
urbanisto

thank you abracadabra for giving me this chance of saying
>> THANK YOU ARCHINECT(ers) <<

all of you made my sometimes boring workdays a lot easier to stay through,
and I could stay in touch with the vibe of US architecture, remembering the great time I had there.

Nov 8, 04 5:09 am  · 
 · 
Jordan Lloyd

[Dr. Zoidbeard] Once again, I have no friends. [/ Dr. Zoidberg]

Nov 8, 04 8:37 am  · 
 · 
a-f

*sob*

Nov 8, 04 9:26 am  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Peanuts in a bag, WOW!

Nov 8, 04 9:56 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

"You love me.....you really love me!"

I couldn't get thru the day w/o archinect....and I couldn't live in Albuquerque with the internet(s).

Nov 8, 04 10:18 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i meant without

Nov 8, 04 10:19 am  · 
 · 
weave

good times.

Nov 8, 04 10:27 am  · 
 · 
urbanisto

to PM Pete Nice:

was wondering if your post is a phrase I do not know, as I'm no native speaker...
so now I am wondering, if you have an unknown second identity?

....CU soon on archinect Fuel Burner

Nov 8, 04 10:52 am  · 
 · 
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Although I do have a deep concern about gas prices on the rise - I don't have a car and I don't live anywhere near Houston. Peanuts everywhere!

Nov 8, 04 11:23 am  · 
 · 
monkeyboy

thanks abra, i dont know what i did or said to deserve this recognition but it is greatly appreciated . it sure doesnt happen at work or by my wife.

Nov 8, 04 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thanks for starting the love fest, abra - I also don't know what I'd do w/o my dose of archinect every day. I love the intelligent, theoretical discussions, and also the quips that have me silently quaking in my seat, trying not to alert the boss that I'm not actually giggling with glee at the wall sections I'm working on.

diabase your "change the letters" post above cracked me up in just this way. Cheers to all.

Nov 8, 04 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

thanks abracadabra, i love you too!
i love you all!big hug!

sappy sappy sappy!

Nov 8, 04 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

awww! thanks abracadabra! it's nice to know that even if i don't have a life, at least i have archinect.

Nov 8, 04 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I feel better knowing that Cameron Sinclair, savior of architecture's soul, is as excited as I am for release of Halo 2.

Nov 8, 04 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
♥

Love is all around no need to waste it
You can have the town why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all ...

there's someone named MiesvanderRice ?

i like it !! (i don't post enough to know most of those people)

Nov 8, 04 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

right back at ya', abracadabra.

FOG Lite...i feel obliged to say that i agree with you, it reduced my personal inward hatred just a bit upon reading that too. wait, isn't this the 'architects confessions' thread?

Nov 8, 04 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
ge-ril-a

I have to admit that I am impressed that the old school guys are still kicking it down.

ludwig abache is a good friend, although I havent seen him in a while, I know when we do meet up we will have great conversation and plenty of rum.

I met up with squirelly during his stay in london, but he couldnt take the pace and has slipped back to sunny side.

physco mullet deserves respect for all the people who impersonated him a few years back and for sticking around till registration has prevented that phenomenon.

your name for getting in their early.

had some good back and forth with diabase a long time ago.

and BOTS is always good when there is talk of a celtic backlash and if anyone mentions rugby

having said this I have been out of the circle for most of this year, and previously went by many guises.

have calmed down a bit, but can still get the boots out when needed..

Nov 8, 04 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

Hey thanks abra!

Been buried in a deep pile the last couple of days, finally I get a free quite moment, so I check on you miscreant south hating dingle berries and look what I see. Lot’s of love from Abra. Here’s to you darlin’

Blue and Red in a group hug.

Abracadabra for president. Probably takes some magic to get it done right!

Nov 8, 04 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
shorTongue

^^

nice work!!!!

Nov 8, 04 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

Thanks abra

Nov 8, 04 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
zepplin100

woo hoo, I finally made a list

Nov 9, 04 12:20 am  · 
 · 
e909

of course i have crushes on all of the {female} archinetresses :-)

beyond that given, i appreciate the surprise jokes. i also appreciate those who post their insider insights in a decipherable manner (unlike many of my compositions! :-) )

regarding the secondary topic in this thread:
in v1 i rarely posted under the same nym twice. (though i confess that I imped 'your name' occasionally)

abcdb, thx for including me in the list (of everyone in the archinect regged database)

Nov 9, 04 4:49 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

Where's Stephen Lauf, I don't think he made the jump to v2?

Barely incomprehendable, I miss his insights into life.

Nov 9, 04 5:01 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

Now there's crap English - Barely incomprehendable.

Just incomprehendable!

Nov 9, 04 5:02 am  · 
 · 
doberman

Flattered to make the cut abracadabra... Cheers

Nov 9, 04 7:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: