Archinect
anchor

SCI Arc or Boston Architecture College

IM A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WITH 3 YEARS IN EXPERIENCE WITH IN THE ARCHITECTURE CAREER I HAVE 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE CAD 2 YEARS GOOGLE SKETCH UP 1 YEAR REVIT LEARNING RHINO RIGHT NOW, MODEL MAKING EXPERIENCE DRAFTING ETC. IM ALSO AN INTERN AT ENNEAD ARCHITECTS IN NYC. SO I HAVE A DECENT BACKGROUND IN THIS FIELD BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT SCHOOL TO GO TOO. IF ANY OTHER COULD GIVE ME THEIR OPINIONS ON BOTH OF THESE COLLEGES. IM A VERY DETERMINED STUDENT BUT I DONT KNOW ABOUT WHICH IS BEST. MONEY DOESNT REALLY MATTER ITS MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM.

Apr 17, 14 11:47 pm
batman

SCI ARC.

BOSTON IS NOT EVEN A GOOD PLACE TO STUDY ARCHITECTURE.

Apr 18, 14 2:28 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

what made you narrow down to SciArc and Boston Arch college?

Apr 18, 14 2:31 am  · 
 · 
ROB4

If you have money go to SCI-Arc, people usually cant go there bc of the money. Its a way better school than BAC in every sense. 

Apr 18, 14 10:41 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

A VERY GOOD FRIEND TRANSFERRED FROM BAC TO SCIARC BECAUSE BAC WAS SHIT

Apr 18, 14 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

I know a guy, family friend, who graduated with an interior design degree.  His mother kept telling me how his son won this and that scholarship and was thinking of going to attend Boston College for his masters on a full scholarship etc etc. I had not heard of Boston College before and thought she might've been referring to Harvard or MIT, which would've been really impressive.  The next time she came over she brought her son's portfolio to show me.  It was crap I tell you xD  looked messier than my first year, first arch visualization assignment, like it was thrown together by someone who just started using photoshop.  I think she was disappointed I wasn't going 'ooooh, aaaaah, all over it'  :D  Here I am, with a portfolio that looks a 100 times better and still feel incompetent compared to all the skilled people in this industry. 

Go to Sci-Arc if you can :P

Apr 18, 14 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Should you buy a 2014 Porsche or a used 1997 Hyundai accent?
Apr 18, 14 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

Hyundai Accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY

Apr 18, 14 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

You could go to the University of Colorado in which you would be buying a Subaru haha.

Apr 19, 14 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
ROB4

I think it's more like a tesla or a dodge neon haha 

Apr 19, 14 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
Medians

As a former student I will say the BAC probably has some of the worst work coming out of any accredited program. Just look at BAC portfolio's on ISSUU, even the portfolio winners do not have any work which is memorable....  

The BAC is a school that really doesn't push anything, they don't push Theory, they don't push concept, they don't push design, they don't push technology, they don't push social agendas.... they just have no stance, or opinion on architecture.

The BAC is the University of Pheonix for architecture schools, they will accept anyone willing to pay for a very poor education.

The only thing they do is have the work study curriculum. So you go part time at night and work during the day. If you are lucky you will find a office support position in a shill corporate firm, you will graduate from the BAC work your way up to middle management at the corporate firm and die in 60 years.... no one from the BAC is going to do anything innovative, anything progressive, anything that matters.... The BAC is where creativity in every aspect is killed and looked down upon.

Like I said, just go look at their work on ISSUU. 

May 24, 14 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

BAC used to be for people who are established in the Boston area and either have some design background and/or connections into the local AEC industry.  They changed their focus to bringing in people from all over the place from many different backgrounds and the quality of work has gone downhill.  It was better when it was a very local program.

IMO - the work coming out of sci-arc looks prettier, but a lot of what I see coming out of that place is downright awful in a different way.  

You're better off looking at other programs - especially for undergrad.

May 25, 14 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Bwatson

Haters gonna be haters that's usually all that happens in archinect , nothing but negativity 

May 25, 14 1:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: