Archinect
anchor

Non-BIM, yet 3d Cost Estimating Software?

bijarchist

Hi everybody

I am looking for a simple software able to do material take off and cost estimating mostly for interior design and from a 3d model. I know softwares that are able to do so from importing BIM model, but I need to do it from a non BIM 3d file (obj, lwo, 3ds, skp, collada). It may be as simple as an area, volume calculator which multiply that amount by the cost/per sqm.

Of course I prefer it to be free, however would pay for a handy software which really helps.

Any advice? 

Apr 17, 14 10:05 am
wurdan freo

Blue beam is the best value for 2D drawings. There are others, but expensive. Blue beam may or may not work for quantity take off in  a model. I don't have experience there. Again there are others, but hugely expensive or BIM. 

Blue beam will allow you to get quantities as long as you know the scale of a drawing or can create a scale by having a known distance in the drawing. Then use excel to create your formulas or open office/google docs if you're looking for free.

Apr 17, 14 11:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: