Archinect
anchor

How long does it take to get registered once you finish IDP and ARE?

almostthere

I've recently finished IDP and am taking my final exam in about a month. How long does it take to process the application needed to actually get registered?

Apr 16, 14 10:20 pm
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

It depends on your state, check with their board. 

Apr 17, 14 2:00 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

In my state, once you pass the final exam the Board just sends you your license - no further application required. This is the information pasted on our State Board's website:

"The Board office receives a copy of your grades at the same time they are mailed to you. When we have verified that you have passed all parts of the examination, your license number will be assigned, and you will be emailed a link to our website where you may print your license for free, or, if you want a license printed on our card stock paper, you may order a printed license from the site for a $25.00 fee."

Apr 17, 14 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

what state is that?

Apr 17, 14 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
almostthere

I'm in South Carolina. I didn't realize it varied so much between states. The architecture board is run through the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation. I looked earlier but it's just a vague description that says they'll contact me when I'm done. I'm getting ready to finish an almost 10 year journey through work, grad school and IDP and was just interested in getting a little more information beyond what I could find. i guess the timing just depends on how regularly the board meets.

ONCE YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED ALL SECTIONS OF THE EXAMINATION AND IDP: 

YOU WILL�..

• Authorize NCARB to transmit your Record to the South Carolina Board

NCARB WILL.....

• Notify the Board office that you are eligible for registration.
  • Send your entire NCARB Record to the SC Board

THE BOARD WILL.....

• Notify you of the forms and fees necessary to complete licensure here.
  • Review your application and Record at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting
  • If approved, issue your license
Apr 17, 14 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: