Archinect
anchor

USC vs Michigan

2014March

I have been offered an admission for the March I program at the USC and Michiga, and I am currently deciding a school. I have a bachelor from Michigan and know about the school but not familiar with the USC. What do you think about the USC? My concern is about the strength of the program and not money. 

Apr 15, 14 2:30 pm
batman

like U Mich?

U Mich might be the winner.

even as an advocate of los angeles (the city), U Mich's work is great. if you were picking UCLA vs U Mich, then I say UCLA for sure in your case. 

however, if you want to get out of Michigan, then USC isn't a bad choice. great alumni network is really the strongest point imo, and if you can get a taste of their real estate development program (which is highly sought for and if youre into that) then USC is a great choice.

Apr 15, 14 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
vrice

I realize this may be a little late for you but just thought I would post.

I went to Michigan for undergrad as well and I am currently at USC for the +2 MArch program. I chose USC because it seemed to me the perfect combination of design and real world, which I can happily say that I've so far gotten exactly that. I wanted new experience and to be better prepared for the working environment. Plus living in LA opens up a lot more job opportunities for you after graduation. The program this semester was very hands on and we constructed a 12' tall section of a facade system.

Michigan is more design oriented and less about how to actually construct a building, so it just depends on what you are looking for in the program. Michigan treated me very well and I learned so much, but I've been happy with my choice to come to USC instead.

Hope wherever you chose you like it!

May 13, 14 8:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: