Archinect
anchor

M. Arch at Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati - help!

theunicorn

I'm currently deciding between these masters programs, which seem quite different from each other. Which program do people/architects/firms think is stronger? I thought I was pretty set on Cincy (especially because I don't already have a design background and need to learn how to use rendering programs), but now I'm not so sure. I would really appreciate hearing people's honest appraisals of both schools. 

Apr 3, 14 4:50 pm
theunicorn

Please, please, please! I really thought I was sure on Cincy, but I don't know how the programs compare!

Apr 4, 14 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Go to UC

Apr 4, 14 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
theunicorn

And why do you say that?

Apr 6, 14 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
dream-er

Which program do people/architects/firms think is stronger? I thought I was pretty set on Cincy (especially because I don't already have a design background and need to learn how to use rendering programs)

^ don't even know why you want to go to Cincy for learning rendering programs...

Apr 7, 14 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
theunicorn

I'd heard that you learn how to use programs there, or at least are encouraged to use them in classes. From students who go to VT, I've learned that CAD programs are kind of discouraged, which is a concern. 

Apr 7, 14 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
fherr001
Sounds like Cincy uses things you're interested in. Vtech is limited in that regard and will limit your opportunities to like minded employers.
Apr 8, 14 11:08 am  · 
 · 
dream-er

I guess connections and experiences you could earn through co-op at Cincy will help you to get employed at better firms a bit easier. 

Apr 8, 14 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: