Archinect
anchor

Deciding what to major in

Zmaners7
Alright so I've been accepted to university of Alabama and University of South Carolina for engineering and Virginia Tech for building construction. I've always been into studying engineering and architecture but I'm trying to decide on which one to go for, Virginia Tech is my number one school so that's probably where I'll be going but I'm not sure if I should switch majors to either engineering or architecture or just stick out with building construction to see if it ends up being interesting enough for me. Any suggestions help or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Mar 31, 14 1:11 pm

Study something useful instead like cosmetology or video production.  

Archinect! 10 post minimum before starting new threads please. 

Mar 31, 14 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Va Tech has Civil Engineering as well as Construction Engineering. VT also has Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Industrial Design, and Interior Design should you want to change majors, so it pretty much has all the bases covered.

Mar 31, 14 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

Things must have changed since I was a kid. I don't remember having to declare a major

during the admissions process- I thought that your major was something you decided on once you had some classes under your belt. 

If it were my decision, I'd go to Virginia Tech.

Miles, why bother? Just don't click on the tread.

Mar 31, 14 9:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: