Archinect
anchor

taking 'examples of work' NOT a portfolio.....yet

e.thorpe

Hi guys I was wondering if any of you could offer me some advice- apologies if this has been addressed in another tread already!

I have been invited to attend an open event at an architectural firm and have been asked to bring examples of my best work with me for a 15 minute presentation as part of the evening. If I got through to the next stage I would then be asked to bring and present my portfolio.

What format is best to take my work in, should I still take it in a portfolio 'style' or actual presentation pieces / photographs? I am a graduate so most of my work will be my university stuff!  

Thanks guys, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Mar 30, 14 6:04 pm
nocturne

I'm not exactly sure of the format for your situation, as it sounds like you might be presenting your work in front of a group of people..?  Typically, for meet and greets and informal first pass interviews where you don't formally present work to an audience, you should bring what some people call "sample pages" or "design sheets"  these are sheets in the same format as your resume (same header with name and info in same location, portrait instead of landscape, etc.) to be handed out with the resume.  1-4 pages of samples are generally acceptable.  And, of course, it should showcase your best work.  Sometimes it's good to only show one project per page (can have multiple images/drawings per page but stick to one project for that page).  There doesn't need to be any lengthy text, save that for the interview/presentation.  Good luck!

Mar 30, 14 6:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: