Archinect
anchor

What should be in a professional portfolio?

fenixs

I'm looking to re-make my portfolio to reflect my professional experience (now going on 5 years), and I'm just not sure as to what makes for a strong professional portfolio at this point in my career. In the last few years, I've been working for a firm that does a lot of interiors work, and I've been able to manage many small projects because of this, but I can't say that I've had to develop some great details like in my first job. The main thing that I've been doing has more to do with organization and coordination, and I'm not sure on how to best transmit that in a portfolio that I might send to a firm.
I have done A LOT of renderings also, but I have done a lot more project management, and I would like to show that.
If anyone could point me to some good examples, it would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 29, 14 8:30 pm
BulgarBlogger

Rely on your resume to demonstrate how you helped the firm accomplish a set of goals and how you have surpassed expectations. 

Mar 29, 14 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Quantify results. Example: you met deadline early and saved firm x amount of dollars

Mar 29, 14 10:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: