Archinect
anchor

I need a free word-to-pdf converter.

ilikedrit

all i need is a free program that can convert microsoft word files to pdf files, with the ability to save the file, and no watermarks or other bullshit. the price of adobe acrobrat pro is ridiculous for what it does (most adobe products are massively overpriced). thanks for the help

Mar 13, 10 4:25 pm
xtbl

you know there are these things called torrents...

Mar 13, 10 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
dia

CutePDF - no watermarks

Mar 13, 10 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

just install a pdf driver onto your computer- not a converter. that way you can print to a pdf and not have to "convert" anything. i think win2pdf works, or maybe winpdf- something like that.

Mar 13, 10 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

*sorry, pdf printer driver

Mar 13, 10 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I just had to compliment you on your exploitation of the title length. Have always wondered about that myself!

Mar 13, 10 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

cutePDF is great, use it in many programs (and I have Acrobat Pro).

Also, you can just go to MS and install their free PDF plugin (I use it for MS Office docs):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4d951911-3e7e-4ae6-b059-a2e79ed87041&displaylang=en

FYI - it was the first result Google gave me....

Mar 13, 10 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

open office converts directly to PDF, it's free and it can open Office 2007 files

Mar 13, 10 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
ilikedrit

trace: exactly what i needed, thank you

Mar 13, 10 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
druf

Try "DeskPDF" from Docudesk. It will let you print about any type of file as a PDF (word, excel, CAD, etc...). I think it costs about $20-30.

Mar 13, 10 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
smaarch

primo pdf is another and be setup to print from acad

Aug 30, 12 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

google docs. openoffice. libreoffice.

you people overcomplicate shit by a mile.

Aug 30, 12 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
RH-Arch

The post that bumped this back was probably advertising the software since two posts on the same topic were bumped within minutes of each other by members who joined this month and only have a single post.

Aug 30, 12 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
DaveZ

jesus does google not exist you fucking dumb ass

Nov 25, 12 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
backbay

bullzip is good:   http://www.bullzip.com/

Nov 26, 12 12:30 am  · 
 · 
anonitect

Am I missing something? Word just lets you save as:PDF, no watermarks. Maybe I'm spoiled by having the 2013 version, but I don't remember ever having to go through a translation program before.

Jun 13, 13 9:33 am  · 
 · 
square

nope, not spoiled. 2010 has an option conveniently titled 'save as adobe pdf.' no watermarks... this is one of the easiest things to do with a word document.

Jun 13, 13 9:52 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

hi lilianaplus!  are you a human being?  because if so, i'm sure i'm very interested in the links you posted, despite the fact that there is pretty much no way i would click your links.  where are you from?

pdf to flash?  why the hell would anyone want that?  flash died. 

Apr 24, 14 9:55 am  · 
 · 
archinine
Who keeps digging up these ancient posts? Also why are so many architects seemingly computer illiterate? Just pay adobe and solve all your expensive time consuming headaches.
Jul 3, 17 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

One doesn't even need Adobe to do that, lol.

Word's able to save as pdf.

Jul 4, 17 12:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

But if you just get a .doc(x) file, don't have Word and need it to be .pdf, I'd go with smallpdf.com

Jul 4, 17 2:16 am  · 
 · 
auninja91

doPDF8, cutePDF, PDF995 :)

Apr 13, 18 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: