Archinect
anchor

Tired of Academia posts

Veuxx
:(
Is there another forum I can visit that is more about professional practice than archinect?

Mar 25, 14 12:30 pm
curtkram

there are 'tags' above the banner ad, where it says "filter topics by category," about the middle. 

a great feature request would be to select multiple tags, so you could select everything but the 'school thread' tag.

Mar 25, 14 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
dionysus

actually, right by "topics & category" under the search, there's an option to exclude academia.

Mar 25, 14 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i missed that.  thanks dionysus :)

Mar 25, 14 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

Yes, click this link and make the school-related discussions magically disappear:

Mar 25, 14 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
grneggandsam

But, people go to school, to learn to design, to design schools, for people to learn to design.  So relevant, right?

Mar 25, 14 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Oddly enough, if you click that option the only thread about academia is this one...

Mar 25, 14 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
etinoco
Just give it a month or two and they should slow down. Grad schools are sending out letters and it tends to get crazy this time of the year
Mar 25, 14 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

Which school should I go to?  Harvard, Cornell, Yale, Columbia, UCLA, Berkeley, University of the United States of America?  

Mar 25, 14 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
Veuxx
I mainly browse this forum on the iOS app -- is this feature available there?
Mar 25, 14 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ
Can't block academia on the app :(
Mar 26, 14 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Veuxx

Thanks LITS

Mar 26, 14 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
cg_8
I was going to ask the same question but I didn't want to look like an a-hole asking it.

I've come to find out that it is actually a reasonable question and the OP doesn't look like an a-hole at all. Of course, if I were to ask the question, I'd probably find a way to seem like an a-hole...

Anyway, good to know. Thanks!
Mar 27, 14 1:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: