Archinect
anchor

Productive things to do in Dubai this summer?

paintitblack

I am an M.Arch student at GSAPP and will need to spend about half of my summer in Dubai for family reasons. I've never been out there so I know nothing of the culture or opportunities related to architecture.  I've looked under the "Firms" section of Archinect but Dubai-based firms seem pretty scant.  Any suggestions on how to go about getting an internship out there, or how to otherwise remain productive?

Mar 22, 14 2:41 pm
file

Look for NYC based firms with offices in Dubai - send each a letter and resume requesting a summer internship in Dubai - mention that you'll get yourself to Dubai (and back) and provide your own housing.

Bet they don't get many letters of that sort.

Mar 23, 14 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

I'm in Dubai right now, at our regional office. There's a ton of work going on here, so I doubt you'll have trouble finding something to do if you can contribute productively. How are your computer skills?

Mar 24, 14 4:23 am  · 
 · 
paintitblack

My computer skills are okay you know, the basics.  I only have 1 year with modeling software - Rhino, 3DS Max, and I'm starting to use Grasshopper.  I also have a pretty good knowledge of  all Adobe CS programs.

Thanks for the responses, I'll keep my eyes open and fingers crossed!

Mar 29, 14 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

If nothing else works our..."Work on your Tan."

Mar 29, 14 5:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: