Archinect
anchor

Decision Time

ducroque

So I received an admission from PennDesign (MEBD) and GSAPP (MSAUD) and I really need some advice from current students, alumni or ppl who know well about the school and the program.. Both are great 3- semester long program, and asking similar tuition range (excluding the living expenses). However, which program would you suggest more between the two? Please share your thoughts!

For Penn's MEBD, I was very surprised the majority of faculty members has doctoral degree, which I think it's uncommon. It seems one can also freely interacts with firm leaders since they are associate faculties. I don't know much about the class size but I assume that students will get close relationship with the faculties. And by looking at their previous works, the class seems more research-oriented than the design-oriented. On top of that, I feel the pursuit of green architecture is the essential nature.

For GSAPP's MSAUD, it's in New York. This should be the great advantage of learning urban design. Also, the course provides students to travel abroad to meet actual clients of different countries and this will be an incomparable experience. I also appreciate GSAPP's social repuatation and strong alumni networks. 

Environmental Design and Urban Design are both very intriguing to me and I feel they all correlate to each other. I researched about the program but was hard to find enough resources to convince myself. 

Mar 20, 14 5:31 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: