Archinect
anchor

M arch 1 between umn or u Maryland

emerald0920
First of all, congrats to everyone who get into there dream school! I guess I didn't choose the right program for me and now I need to makes decision between these two. ( gosh I wish I can study at California).

I had my bachelor from university of Minnesota , 4 year design background( very conceptual ). I need to do 3 years at both school. I am more towards Maryland, but I don't really know the area. DC shouldn't be too bad in terms of life, job opportunities, expenses... Also does anyone who are familiar with their school style? Technical? Design? Projects? I will attend their open house but would like to get a heads up. Umn is overalls great and I may stay depending in their financial package, but I very hope to get a different perspective.

Any input would be appreciated!

Mar 20, 14 10:22 am
ARCHCareersGuide.com

emerald0920 - To learn more about Maryland, I would suggest you connect with Professor Brian Kelly.  Having been there for a few years, I can tell you the Maryland is a great school; as well, DC is a great place to live - the nation's capitol.

Best.

Mar 22, 14 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
J_AFlores

Hey emerald0920

I am from Maryland but moved to California almost a year ago. UM is a great school (I did not go there for undergrad) but I spent a lot of time there with friends. Some other friends went to Catholic University (very expensive school). It is a very conceptual school, I know its strong in Grad level is historic preservation, if I were you I will go to an open house if you get an opportunity. There is always options in DC like Catholic or even Virginia Tech (Alexandria Campus or main campus in VA). UVA is another option or even NC or Clemson. Those are the schools that are in the Area but if you are looking for a school that can offer you a lot of $$$ check Morgan State in Baltimore. Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

Mar 23, 14 2:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: