Archinect
anchor

apply to a wrong program at UCL Bartlett

vincentaabc

I'm an idiot !! 

I've received the admission letter from Bartlett, and get a chance to attend 1-year MArch GAD program.

But I was supposed to apply 2-year MArch RIBA2 program.

I applied to a wrong program....

Is it possible to ask the committee to reassess my application?

Or could I  attend MArch GAD first, then transfer to MArch RIBA2?

Is there any one who has similar experience about this ?

Mar 19, 14 1:30 am
placebeyondthesplines

oh for fuck's sake

Mar 19, 14 3:34 am  · 
 · 
C. Watts

I would call them. I don't think we can do anything about it....

Mar 19, 14 8:35 am  · 
 · 
a212

I did the same thing. Good to know I wasn't alone lol

Did you end up re-applying, they told me that was my only option if I wanted to study the RIBA program.

Apr 8, 15 1:34 pm  · 
1  · 
natematt

PBS. ha

Apr 8, 15 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

This is only about a half notch more acceptable than misspelling "architecture" on your portfolio cover.

Of course that's your only option. Your application was weighed against other applications for the program to which you were accepted. It would be absurdly unfair (to everyone who didn't make such a fundamentally idiotic mistake) to admit you to a different program.

By that logic, you could say "I got into Boston Architectural College, but I meant to apply to Harvard! WHOOPSIE can I go to Harvard please? Could you just give me special treatment for being dumb and reassess my application? I promise I'll pay at least a little bit of attention sometimes when I'm actually a graduate student."

Apr 8, 15 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Just like US, standards on a 1-year Masters post professional degree much different than the MArch I, II or III.  What you applied for was a 1 year MArch [non Part 2]

Most UK Universities require a 2.1 or 1st in your first degree[generally B+ average or 3.5/4 in a 4 year BA or BS Arch Award] or 5 year degree for internationals. No GRE. :-} though. 

Apr 8, 15 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

idiot

Apr 8, 15 7:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: