Archinect
anchor

Asking previous employer for work samples

Thecyclist

I'm pretty sure I have this figured out, but I wanted to run it by the people on here first.

I'm being interviewed right now for jobs. One firm asked me to bring some of the work I did during my internship to show them. Would there be anything wrong with me asking the firm I interned for to send me some of the work I did?

I appreciate any input!

- TheCyclist

Mar 18, 14 7:49 pm
poop876

Why would there be anything wrong? Did you leave at good terms? If you did the work, why not show it but make sure you credit the firm as well and the firm will not have any problems with it.

Mar 19, 14 8:51 am  · 
 · 
3tk

Asking is good.  It shows you're understanding of client confidentiality agreements - properly credit the work and the role you played in creating it and you should be ok.

Mar 19, 14 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Dude you most likely worked for no pay or little pay for months on end as an intern.  So the company you worked for should be great full for your help and will most likely tell you to run off what ever prints you need.  However stealing their Software is not a good Idea.  I know  when I worked in a larger firm and when we had young ones roll thru the door wanting to change computer  configuration based upon previous experience it was frowned upon a lot by the upper management.  Dude we know when you have scalped something from another firm. 

Mar 19, 14 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: