Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Formatting

awwwdri

This is kind of a stupid question, but I can't find a straight answer anywhere. Anyway, I'm applying to Lawrence Technological University, and I need to make a portfolio that is:

Formatted as a single puff file (one integrated file) 
 Maximum size: 15 MB 
 Resolution: 150 dpi resolution

If someone could give me an idea as to how to make this one pdf file, that would be suuuuuper helpful. Thanks in advance.

Mar 15, 14 2:14 pm

Usually, people use InDesign for portfolios, then they export as a PDF. I don't know what else to tell you. 

Mar 15, 14 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
Spidey

Well using InDesign is I think the fastest way, but you can also use Illustrator. You can put every page of your portfolio in a separate artwork organized in the same file and then save as pdf. The save-as settings also allow you to compress the files so it's smaller file size, but be careful of resolution.

Mar 15, 14 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
awwwdri

Most of the time schools have just used slideroom, so this is new. Thank you!

Mar 16, 14 12:23 am  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

Use InDesign to make portfolios, illustrator is for vector work (Images make the file size massive). Regardless, if you create individual files on PC you can highlight and select "combine supported files..." (they don't even have to be pdfs, image formats can be combined into a pdf.) or for any OS open acrobat and select combine files. This all hinges on having acrobat. If you don't you can use another pdf editor like foxit.  If you don't want to download a program there are websites where you can upload your pdf to combine it and then download it. If the file size is too massive save as optimized pdf.

Mar 16, 14 9:53 am  · 
 · 
natematt

^well if you link images into Illustrator it's not as big of an issue for size. That is inherently what ID is doing anyway, so in that sense they are similar.

Mar 16, 14 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: