Archinect
anchor

Questions for the grizzled (landscape) veterans

dishonest mailman

Hi all,

I've just been admitted into MLA I programs, and am feeling really excited about the coming 3 years, despite not having totally decided where I'm going yet.  Partly to help me think about that decision, and partly just to prepare for my time in school, I was wondering if any people in the landscape field, especially people who are out of school and have been practicing landscape architecture, would want to take a crack at answering a couple questions.

I'm curious mostly about what people think is important to learn in school.  That could mean specific computer programs, technical or craft skills, professional practice stuff, scientific or botanical knowledge, or anything else.  Are there any things you are particularly glad you learned in school?  Are there things you didn't learn in school, and wish you had?  Are there particular skills that are more employable now, or will be in the coming years?

I know there are no hard answers to these questions, and it's important to follow what interests me personally (I plan to).  But as someone who is coming to landscape architecture from the outside, I'm curious what people with more inside experience deem important.

Thanks

Mar 14, 14 3:32 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: