Archinect
anchor

MArch design help

jonuk80

Good evening all, 

I am new here and hoping someone might be able to help me overcome designers block which I am currently experiencing in a Part II project I'm currently working on. Any ideas/theories/precedents you could offer would be most helpful.

I have to design a dance & media studio where the underlying concept for the studio is the art of projection (think projection mapping & dance). I am fascinated by dichoric prisms that LCD projectors use and I want to take the theory of that and somehow integrate it into the building in a meaningful way.

The building itself has to be a cube with a performance stage underground (approx 24m3 / 78ft3). 

I realise just a description isn't much to go on, but I'm looking for any thoughts on how I could integrate projected light into the journey of the building. 

Thanks!

Mar 12, 14 11:51 pm
jdparnell1218

Go to archdaily for some quick inspiration.  This community isn't very keen on handing out design advice.

Mar 13, 14 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Alien 8

So… you are saying that you want the building to manipulate light that passes through it onto it's context or within the building's spaces?

The building could just put people that see it into a trance and direct their attention to the entrance and suck them in, like storefront video ads and whatnot. 

Mar 13, 14 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: