Archinect
anchor

REVIT and PCP files

BulgarBlogger

So my office is collaborating with another office and each of us use different software. The other firm uses REVIT, we use autocad. Now, I am not interested in hearing about the advantages of REVIT vs. AutoCAD; rather- how do you get the exported CAD files from REVIT to print correctly in AutoCAD? I know about the whole PCP file CTB process, but for some reason the lineweights are not the same. Why?

Mar 12, 14 10:19 am
gruen
Perhaps the lines have a thickness? Check colors and layers.
Mar 12, 14 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

What are you attempting to do with the exported CAD? What do you mean by "correctly"? When you say  "collaborate" , are you hoping to seamlessy import/export back and forth between the two programs?  That won't happen.   The most appropriate use of REVIT export to CAD is to create backgrounds for CAD-based consultants.

My advice?  Get both offices on the same program for the project.  Most practical will be to have the other office drop back to CAD.   

Mar 12, 14 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: