Archinect
anchor

sh*t clients say

snooker-doodle-dandy

Female Client  "I heard Architects do it all night long, is there any truth to that saying?"

Mar 14, 14 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

"WOW! Are all architects hung like a horse?!"

Mar 14, 14 6:17 pm  · 
 · 

clent   "YOU know i always DREAMED of being an architect"

me   "oh ...kay"

Mar 15, 14 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

^ LOL, as they spend all your time changing the design, imagining they that have a clue about what they are doing.

Mar 15, 14 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Medusa

I once had a client who wanted $20,000 worth of appliances and high end finishes in a 50 sf Manhattan kitchen ask if I knew any "amigos" who could do the work for cheap.

Mar 16, 14 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
"I live in an area where there are 50mph winds all the time and I want to BBQ outdoors"
Mar 16, 14 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

"I'm going to have my Feng Shui expert review the plans."

Mar 16, 14 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

at the start of construction "your job is finished here"

Mar 17, 14 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Can you build a tunnel from my basement to my buddies house and put an underground basketball court in between?
Mar 17, 14 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Client:  "I have a Better Idea."  I hate when that happens and it is really a "Bad Idea."

Mar 17, 14 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Client:  "What Engineering School did you go to?"

Mar 17, 14 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

lol @ eric and the "I always wanted to be an architect."  That is so common it's annoying.  So they try to be like Miles said.  Then wonder how on earth your fee's got so high... um... redesign, redesign, redesign because you micro-managed me....

Mar 18, 14 10:22 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

We should have listened to what you said.

Mar 18, 14 10:33 am  · 
 · 
that designer thingy

C: No, I did not said that...

A: But, it's on the meeting minutes...

C: You must have heard it wrong...

C: Let us hear on my wife opinion, she's a housewife but expert in Interior Design...

A: ...... (cold sweat)

Mar 19, 14 2:17 am  · 
 · 

"I need a kitchen sink here. Then I need a sink for rinsing dirty dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. And I need a Kosher sink, and one for preparing the dog's food."

Mar 19, 14 8:33 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

TDT, that's why i love email.  clients can't say 'no, i did not say thay,' they have to phrase it a bit more vague to leave open the possibility they're going to be forwarded the email they sent 2 months ago, which informed every decision made sine.

Mar 19, 14 9:19 am  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

"You want to come to our Summer Party?  Everyone on the Lake will be there. "  I 'm sorry I spend the 4th of July with Family in  Ohio...or Kansas...or Nebraska...or North Dakota.

Mar 19, 14 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
katscan

Gruen, a line is a 2 dimensional drawing. A one dimensional drawing would be a single point.

Mar 24, 14 3:28 pm  · 
 · 

A line has one dimension: length. 

Mar 24, 14 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Had a call today:  I would like a garage with two stories and an apartment above.  First Story drive out basement, Second Story  at  grade on opposite side, with an in law apartment  above.  I can's seem to find any garage plans on line with this kind of configuration.  What would you charge me to do the project?  Would it cost me anymore than purchasing plans on line?  I called a couple of other people one was a structural engineer.  .....He said I'm not and Architect (and passed along my name.)

Mar 25, 14 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Client calling about potential project:  "I was wondering if you had the Occulus Virtual Glasses?   I think it might help me visualize what my garden shed  is going to look like.  I tell potential client  those are still in design development stage, and she should really consider buying a set of  Leggo's and build a model.   End of conversation.

Mar 29, 14 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

maybe he meant "one point perspective" rendering

Mar 30, 14 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

When do you need it?

"yesterday"

I'm a talented guy but time travel is a weakness of mine.  How about next Friday?

"I guess"

Mar 30, 14 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: